[Mountain Crash] Sun 30 Jan

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: [Mountain Crash] Sun 30 Jan

Postby Road Runner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 pm

man83g wrote:
    Road Runner wrote:Cue the rumour mill and whispers... typical.

So do you know more as to what happened then???

No, and quite frankly it's none of my business nor anyone elses. Only those involved or approached by the Police as witnesses.
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Re: [Mountain Crash] Sun 30 Jan

Postby VR6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Who do you think pays for the significant police, ambulance and fire service attendance when some muppet drives beyond their ability?

I'd say, quite frankly, it's a lot of my business.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby Road Runner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:23 pm

VR6 wrote:Who do you think pays for the significant police, ambulance and fire service attendance when some muppet drives beyond their ability?

That's an entirely different debate. It's all relative.

They get paid irrespective of how busy they and provide a good service to the public IMO.

This raises the question... Are you so concerned about the african kid who made your clothes for 10p a day, yet is starving although the retailer makes alot of profit on said goods you've paid for? And the Chinese kids who sort through your rubbish at the end of a products life which you paid for and now have no use? Just because you paid for it? Look forward to hearing (reading your answers).
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby man83g » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 pm

Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I on the other hand am curiouse to know how a car ended up on its roof around an area the govt spent a load of money on to make safer. The beauty of the internet is freedom of speech, and its already been stated that no one was hurt. Watch you dont twist your ancle when you jump down from your high horse.. :wave: :wave:
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby Road Runner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

man83g wrote:Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I on the other hand am curiouse to know how a car ended up on its roof around an area the govt spent a load of money on to make safer. The beauty of the internet is freedom of speech, and its already been stated that no one was hurt. Watch you dont twist your ancle when you jump down from your high horse.. :wave: :wave:

Seems your very Americanised (forgot the Z) with this first amendment talk and warning notices. Very amusing.

Don't mistake a different perspective and broader mind with elitism. It stunts the learning curve. :salute:
    Last edited by Road Runner on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby VR6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

Road Runner wrote:
    VR6 wrote:Who do you think pays for the significant police, ambulance and fire service attendance when some muppet drives beyond their ability?

That's an entirely different debate. It's all relative.

They get paid irrespective of how busy they and provide a good service to the public IMO.

This raises the question... Are you so concerned about the african kid who made your clothes for 10p a day, yet is starving although the retailer makes alot of profit on said goods you've paid for? And the Chinese kids who sort through your rubbish at the end of a products life which you paid for and now have no use? Just because you paid for it? Look forward to hearing (reading your answers).

I think you'll find that 'no crash' versus 'crash' costs us, the tax payer, a HUGE amount less.

Time/money is spent dealing with the accident, assessing what happened and, of course, the aftermath of prosecution, court cases etc. Plus insurance premiums going up. Not to mention the capacity these departments lose which could have been used dealing with a real 'accident'.

I could go on but really can't be arsed.

My clothes are Italian and I recycle.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby bougourd » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:42 pm

VR6 wrote:insurance premiums going up

me being a young driver agrees heavily with your point :lol:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

Postby man83g » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Road Runner wrote:
    man83g wrote:Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I on the other hand am curiouse to know how a car ended up on its roof around an area the govt spent a load of money on to make safer. The beauty of the internet is freedom of speech, and its already been stated that no one was hurt. Watch you dont twist your ancle when you jump down from your high horse.. :wave: :wave:

Seems your very Americanised (forgot the Z) with this first amendment talk and warning notices. Very amusing.

Don't mistake a different perspective and broader mind with elitism. It stunts the learning curve. :salute:

Not american, manx.
    Im glad you like the humour, i do try..
    Your different perspective seams a little blinkered in my opinion. I am curiose to learn what happened, you seem to want to brush it under the carpet, and that doesnt seem very broad minded at all.
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby Road Runner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:55 pm

man83g wrote:
    Road Runner wrote:

Not american, manx.
    Im glad you like the humour, i do try..
    Your different perspective seams a little blinkered in my opinion. I am curiose to learn what happened, you seem to want to brush it under the carpet, and that doesnt seem very broad minded at all.

Point noted.

Maybe I'm not feeling the urge to be nosey or waste my mental capacity on such trivial matters that are irrelevant.

Anyhow. Good luck with your quest. :)
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby Cret » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:09 am

Road Runner wrote:Maybe I'm not feeling the urge to be nosey or waste my mental capacity on such trivial matters that are irrelevant.

Heh. I'm sure you can see the irony of what you wrote there.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..