One Eyed Monsters

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: One Eyed Monsters

Postby JayJay » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm

QuietOne wrote:It's that time of year again :shock:

On my journey in to Douglas on Friday morning, I saw 5 vehicles with defective headlights (but I didn't see any polices vehicles, again!) This brings me back to my post about the number of police vehicles on the road.... Why aren't the police out there finding these drivers... And yes I know they perform annual vehicle spot checks, but why only annually, why not all the time? :?

It takes 30seconds to check your lights each day... Is that really too much to expect?

I wouldn't have to say check them every single time you go out for a drive (no-one can be expected to do that) but personally I'm always looking for my cars lights in the reflection of other cars to make sure they work! They need a Basic Car Maintenance section in the driving test.
    JayJay

Re: One Eyed Monsters

Postby 87 umn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:32 pm

i quite like looking as these stupid posts that some people have put....so the way i look at it is if your car is fine keep your gob shut and stop bitching!!!
    if its got tits or tyres its trouble
    87 umn
    Novice User

Postby Jay_VTR » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:11 pm

nice one year bump....
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:20 pm

My thoughts exactly!!! Way to make yourself known... :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:07 pm

87 umn wrote:i quite like looking as these stupid posts that some people have put....so the way i look at it is if your car is fine keep your gob shut and stop bitching!!!

Please elaborate. Are you trying to say that those of us who keep our cars roadworthy, shouldn't complain about people who don't?
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby 87 umn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:15 pm

my elaboration on the matter is the people that dont usually keep there cars in road worthy condition usually end up in a ditch or on there roof when there is bad weather or such so in my mind if you keep you car in as good nick as possible then the people that dont will have what comes there way.

its people like the person that starts the thread that have nothing better to do than complain, i find the people that are always criticising others tend to cause further problems than prevent them!
    87 umn
    Novice User

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:37 pm

87 umn wrote:my elaboration on the matter is the people that dont usually keep there cars in road worthy condition usually end up in a ditch or on there roof when there is bad weather or such so in my mind if you keep you car in as good nick as possible then the people that dont will have what comes there way.

Whilst I agree with this to an extent, what happens if they lose control whilst you're driving towards them?

87 umn wrote:its people like the person that starts the thread that have nothing better to do than complain, i find the people that are always criticising others tend to cause further problems than prevent them!

I believe the police should be doing more checks to eliminate bad drivers and their unroadworthy cars, people who complain to the authorities should be thanked, not ridiculed.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby goldie150 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:46 pm

whining on bout peoples head lights is a bit pathetic i agree with 87UMN everyone on here just likes to moan about nothing
    goldie150
    Novice User

Vehicle Make & Model: vw golf mk2 gti vr6
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.8

Postby 87 umn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:51 pm

dont the police have enough problems with tits ringing up and complaining and wasting their time, maybe to save getting into a further debate which is why i suppose these sites are created not for assistance on cars or motors etc but to moan then maybe there should be another department that the government could waste more money on in reporting these such incidents or BAD drivers. just think you could be in need of emergency assistance and two possibly three officers are attending a vehicle parked illegally or a headlight in dipped mode than racing to your rescue think you understand where im coming from

thanks
    87 umn
    Novice User

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 pm

The police obviously think it is a serious matter though, otherwise why would they have a winter crackdown on unroadworthy vehicles??? Maybe just to waste some tax dollars is it??? No, it's more likely to try and make the roads as safe as possible from people who won't even keep up with the basics of motoring. Afterall, do they not tell you in your driving test that lights should be checked regularly...
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..