1980 Honda Accord

Selling your vehicle? Post up here.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • 1980 Honda Accord

Postby Marshall » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Due to an impending change in circumstances I'm regrettably looking to move my old Honda on. It's a 1st Generation 1980 3 door, 1600 Auto (3sp Autobox) with 55k miles on the clock.

This isn't the fastest bus in the world, far from it infact, but it does make for a very reliable and comfy cruiser.

Bodywork
    Bodywork is superb for a Honda of this era with it being Zeibarted at some stage in it's life although it is starting to show it's age. There's a small amount of bubbling coming through under the rear windows, the roof gutters, one corner by the boot and the scoop on the scuttle. Floor pans, boot floor, sills, bulkhead and strut tops are all bang on. Rolls on very rare Compomotive alloys (had quite a few comments about these at a car show) and budget tyres, one of which needs topping up after a few days.

Mechanics
    Mechanically the engine is sound, it doesn't burn any oil and is totally leak free. Starts on the button every time and has been 100% reliable while being used as my daily drive, didn't even skip a beat on a 500 mile round trip to a car show earlier this month.
    Bits that need looking at sometime down the line are the exhaust which is blowing (not too bad) and there's a bush on it's way out on the near side front which occasionally knocks on particularly bumpy roads.

Interior
    Black cloth seats up front and back which are starting to show signs of wear with some of stitching/seams starting to split (no tears). It'd be an easy fix for an upholsterer I'd imagine. Roof-lining doesn't sag and the carpets are nice and dry. The only thing that's not currently working inside the car is the clock, which seems to have grown a mind of it's own over the past few months.

The car drives lovely and is ideal for any Honda enthusiast as there's not many of these left on the road. Taxed until August next year (£12 to renew) and insurance is a sniff over £100.

Price wise I'm looking in region of £1100 ovno.

Image]

Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Re: 1980 Honda Accord

Postby jamie » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:44 pm

One of these was my Father's first car in 1979. Lovely cars and extremely rare!

Best of luck with the sale, I hope you find a real enthusiast......
    I'm aiming to be a legend, and I will be!
    jamie
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1
    Vehicle Make & Model: Audi S5
    Vehicle Engine Size: 4.2 V8
    Motoring Interests: Hot Hatches / Coupes

Re: 1980 Honda Accord

Postby Marshall » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm

Fingers crossed, it'll be out at the next car meet if anyone reading this wants to take a look around it.
    Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Return to Vehicles For Sale