Car Alarm Problems driving me nuts!!!

Information and Technical Guides, Automotive problems etc..
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Car Alarm Problems driving me nuts!!!

Postby chaz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 pm

Ok, to start with my 2 alarm fobs stopped working. I didnt think they were the problem as they both failed at the same time but i bought some new batteries anyways - which unsuprisingly didnt work.

You can disarm the alarm/immobilser by entering a pin code (counting flashes on the led then switchign the ingnition on and off)

The alarm/immobilser is supposed to "autoarm" after 30 secs. This has been fine as ive just been jumping in, entering the code and off i go.

However, the auto arm feature now seems to be arming itself when it feels like it. Twice now ive been driving and the immobilser has kicked in. 1st time i thought the alarm had totally died. took me 10 minutes to think to try the pin code. It worked. Second time happened today on the old casteltown road. Took about 20 minutes of trying to enter the pin code for it to register it as correct and disable the immobilser. Fuming!!!

Got home ok. Got back in the car 15 minutes later and it started without needing the pin code. It was already disabled.

Just jumped back in it now to nip to tesco and it was armed again. Entered the pin code and gotr the little chirp to confirm the correct pin code but it wouldnt start. Tried it several times - entering the right pin code but still nothing.

Im getting so f'in pis.sed off with this car.

Im fairly certain the alarm is totally fubbered!!!!!!!!

I know auto electrical could probably remove it for me but is there anyone here who could just reconnect the wires the alarm is wired into just so i have a usuable car??

I have disconnected the battery to see if somehow this magicaly sorts things out - clutching at straws really lol.

The alarm is a Ai606 toad alarm(although branded as a max power alarm)
    chaz
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby rx_sideways » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:04 pm

What car is it on? I stripped the alarm and immobaliser out of my Cherokee a couple of years ago - took a full afternoon of tracing back black wires all over the place (but hey - if it was too easy it wouldn't be much of a problem for tea-leaves!) but it was easy enough to do if you have the time and patience.
    It aint what you drive, its the way that you drive it...
    rx_sideways

Highscores: 2

Postby dodgy__tam » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 pm

ive done this with a s**ty dealer-fit cobra alarm on a vitara, basically what u gotta do is find the alarm control box and basically un-wire it, where its wired into the loom and reconnect the wiring as it was from the factory, its not that hard, just time consuming as it usually involves removing some/all of the dash and pi$$ing about tracing the black wires back
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers!! :-)
    dodgy__tam
    Pro Member

Postby tree » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:24 am

Hi Chaz, what a pain. i can remove it for you Sunday if you pop by my place
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby chaz » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks for the helps peeps.

I removed it myself this morning. Took me about 3 hours.

Total ball ache but fairly simple once i got started. :D

Was very happy when it fired up after id finished sorting it :D
    chaz
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby tree » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

yeah seen your car down sulby so figured you must have sorted it 8)
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Return to Guides, Problems, Servicing and repairs