• Re: How many

Postby Straightsix » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:19 am

E36 M3 Evo owner here
    Evo FQ-340 MR running (415/400) :D
    Straightsix

Vehicle Make & Model: M3 + Evo FQ-340 MR

Re: How many

Postby S2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:26 am

I do still have the E39 M5 - it's my daily driver.

Having had a few different BMW's I honestly think the E39 range as a whole is difficult to better for value for money.

My friend had a genuine E30 325i sport with silly low miles about 7 years ago - now that was a car too...
    2003 Porsche Carrera 4S
    2001 BMW M5
    1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
    S2000

Vehicle Make & Model: Pork M5 Stang
    Vehicle Engine Size: 3.6 5.0 5.0

Postby The Valet Mann » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:30 am

Straightsix wrote:E36 M3 Evo owner here

Nice! Any mods?
    The Valet Mann

Re: How many BMW owners past and present

Postby The Valet Mann » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am

S2000 wrote:I do still have the E39 M5 - it's my daily driver.

Having had a few different BMW's I honestly think the E39 range as a whole is difficult to better for value for money.

My friend had a genuine E30 325i sport with silly low miles about 7 years ago - now that was a car too...

Very nice indeed. Would love to have that as my daily. Is it a glacier green looking colour by chance? Would love to see it if you are interested in a meet?

The E39 range is now very good for your money! They have really dropped in price but the price does not reflect what you get with the car!!
    To be fair, when I was getting mine I was faced with the options of deisel Volvo's, focus's, Pugs etc and I couldn't find one for the price I got my Beemer and I wouldn't really want one after driving the e39(no offence to these cars or thier owners BTW). It does cost a bit in fuel but I love driving the thing. It's big and luxury. Ok, I only have the 523i SE poverty spec but who cares. It's got sports seats (factory fitted option) upgraded to facelift lights front and rear and M5 replica alloys and those subtle mods cost me £200.

If anyone fancies a general BMW meet somewhere, some place then let me know. See what we can arrange. Or if someone else fancies arranging it then let us know :hello1:

Also if there is enough interest I might see if I can get a supplier on board to give the forum some discount off OEM parts etc. I know of someone on another forum I am connected too. Gave me some decent prices for suspension.

Feel free to post any pics of your Beemers up on the thread, thats if you want to. 8)
    The Valet Mann

Postby S2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:52 pm

The E39 is black - but in bright sunlight looks very dark blue.

I remember, years ago when the first E39's were coming on the secondhand market, reading in a load of mags how they were a superb car. I never really thought much about it till I drove a few - I think all of them are a good buy, but obviously I prefer the six/eight cylinder cars. Nothing povery spec about an "SE" surely?

The double glazing on the M5 is probably my favourite optional extra ;-)

I'm always up for a meet / gawk at other people's cars!
    2003 Porsche Carrera 4S
    2001 BMW M5
    1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
    S2000

Postby The Valet Mann » Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 am

^^^ Very nice. I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that colour is called Carbon Black.

I really love the e39. The drive is superb and the interior is very comfy and it is quality throughuot. If I had the option I would liked to have had a 530i sport 2001> or 540i on LPG and the obvious Bahn stormer that you own but with the price of fuel these days, it wasn,t to be, I also like the e38 7 series too. nearly had one of these in 728i guise. SE spec is ok. I think the options on mine was the sport seats and the green sun strip :lol:

Have you owned the M5 from new? Although it's a small Island but I can't recall ever seeing a black M5, infact the only one i've seen is that glacier green type colour one I mentioned earlier. A rare beastie over here.

We shall have to arrange to meet up sometime then. Would be nice to see the M5. Wouldn't mind seeing the Mustang too. Can't deny some vintage American V8ness!

Always open for any other BMW owners to chime in too. I'll try get a couple of pics up of mine when I'm home 8)
    The Valet Mann

Postby martin8 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 am

I currently have an E36 328 but it's up for sale as the combination of insurance, tax and fuel is destroying my bank balance :(
    martin8

Vehicle Make & Model: Golf Mk4 TDI
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.9

Postby Straightsix » Wed May 02, 2012 9:50 am

The Valet Mann wrote:
    Straightsix wrote:E36 M3 Evo owner here

Nice! Any mods?

Nah its total oem.
    I did have a 3.0 M3 with a few bits but sold it last week
    Evo FQ-340 MR running (415/400) :D
    Straightsix

Vehicle Make & Model: M3 + Evo FQ-340 MR

Postby S2000 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:03 pm

The M5 is, I believe, Carbon Black. I've owned it for around 12 months, previous to me it belonged to a Consultant Doc from the Hospital who moved over 2009/2010ish so the car hasn't been on Island long.

There are deffo a couple of others over here, I think I have seen 2 in the Silverstone Blue, I've not seen the green one though.

A 530i or a 530d would be my pick of the range, altho the 540 is also sweet. Shame they didn't do a 550i like they have in the E60...
    2003 Porsche Carrera 4S
    2001 BMW M5
    1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
    S2000

Postby tommy505 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Heathen, you can't pick a diesel on the Island, nasty chuggy things that they are :)
    tommy505

Vehicle Make & Model: Panda, RTR Atomic
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.4, 1.0

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat