Ice Magic comes to Jurby- 11,12,13 February.

Chat about anything and everything.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Ice Magic comes to Jurby- 11,12,13 February.

Postby Fee&Lips » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Just incase anyone interested Ice Magic will be in Jurby on the 11,12 and 13th February from 11am til 7pm. Half hour sessions and all skates are provided. Synthetic ice rink offers fun for all the family with a snow machine, music and skating mascot. Disabled skate chair also available. Indoor waiting area with hot and cold refreshments available. All money raised will be put back in the Freinds of Jurby School Registered Charity (no.953).Bookings or further info contact Jurby School 897651.
    Fee&Lips

Postby Nitro » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm

Excellent, shame its totally out of the way for many people but its a great idea, the IOM needs an ice rink, preferably a disco ice rink!! :)

How big is the synthetic ice rink?
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby DD » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:37 pm

bet its the size of that one they had in douglas last time, CRAPPPPPPP! why dont they stop wasting their money making fake ones and build a real indoor ice rink instead! LOOSERS
    Maybe it's because i'm a Douglaser
    That i love Douglas so
    That i think of her wherever i go

I get a funny feelin inside of me
    Just walkin up and down
    That I love Douglas town!
    DD
    Post Master

Postby Fee&Lips » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:33 pm

It is been held in the North for those that couldn't get to the one in douglas last time. It doesn't matter where it was put you would always get people sayings it out the way. :D

I agree with the fact that an inside rink needs to be built, but thats down to someone with money or the government. There is talk that the Villa will open theirs to the public next winter. We'll see. But don'6t hold you breath! :D

This one is 12x12m (i think). Indeed some may think its crap ( and yes a bigger one would be great!) but at least someone has put a little effort into doing something. To much moaning and not enough doing something about it. Instead of critisizing and doing nothing you could try and do something that others may benefit from. I would hardly label someone trying to do something for others (as the proceeds go to charity) as being a LOOOSER! Other way round I think.
    Fee&Lips

Postby Nic » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:43 pm

i lived in jurby over 20 years, and had sh*t all, i move out and and 6 moths later they actually start doing stuff - typical :roll:

it's good things are starting to happen there though i'd have loved summit like that when i as little, and yeah it may only be small and synthetic but its better than nothing i suppose. think i may take a walk down for a skeet when i go out visiting my parents

I wonder if it compares to this...

Nic
    Sexy Saxo Girl
    Sexy Saxo Girl

Postby Nic » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:45 pm

i'll upload more photos from New York at some point,but that was some of central park
    Nic
    Sexy Saxo Girl
    Sexy Saxo Girl

Postby DD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:14 pm

no excuses for the IOM really, we have alot of rich people living in a very small space of land so someone wanting to open an ice rink shouldnt be a problem. I think they would be suprised at how busy it was!! O well I'll have to wait till I earn my millions then ill build a club on ice, kill 2 birds with one stone! ud wake up with some huage bruises in the morning!!
    That i love Douglas so

Just walkin up and down
    DD
    Post Master

Postby Nitro » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:31 pm

so whats that roughly 39x39 square feet?

Ok thats not massive, infact quite small but its a start....the one in Douglas was tiny though, is it the same one? you skate about 4 times and have to turn around again! :lol:

No reason at all why the IOM doesn't have an ice rink, summerland site = perfect.......
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby DD » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:06 pm

i think its the same one nitro :roll: should be loads of fun for one year olds, maybe they will get about 10 strides in before they reach the other end!!

And who's gunna wanna go to jurby to go on a thing like that! I would be tempted if it were maybe 10 times bigger.
    That i love Douglas so

Just walkin up and down
    DD
    Post Master

Return to General Chat