Check your Lights and don't Drink and Drive!

Chat about anything and everything.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Check your Lights and don't Drink and Drive!

Postby alp » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Hi All.

Just a reminder to you all to check all the lights on your cars to make sure they are fully functional.

We are out and about for the next few weeks on Drink Drive duties and a car with a light out is pretty likely to be stopped and the driver checked. :twisted:

Indeed I stopped two people who I've seen from this forum/manxpower on Saturday evening with lights out. Well done to one of them who said he would go straight to a garage and get a new bulb. Saw him driving along an hour or so later and the light was working again. :wink:

Finally remember you can still be over the drink drive limit the next morning - indeed more and more people are being caught the next day. Hot showers, lots of coffee etc will not speed up the decrese of alcohol in your body.

Image & Image & Image =

Image & Image
    All Comments are my own and not on behalf of any other organisation.
    alp

Postby tree » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:31 pm

good points. always good to have a reminder of theese things
    Also tyres are a bigger concern in winter as the roads are wet and maybe icey. also leaves etc.
    A lot of people dont pay attention to their vehicles although most on this forum do as its a car forum. (oh dear im going in circles)

yeah so just check your tyres and that you have antifreeze in your cooling systems. could be pricey otherwise.
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby shagnasty » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:50 pm

and if any1 needs anythin e.g. antifreeze or bulbs jus come down and see me
    down at industrial
    shagnasty

Postby Cret » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:22 pm

Good luck doing all the lights business chap.

On the way home from Douglas tonight I eventually stopped counting the number of oncoming cars with a headlight out because there were so many.
    That was on top of all the ones with foglights on and the pillock behind that had lights which looked like they were mainly on full beam behind because they were so badly adjusted (and because of our rollercoaster roads!).

I hope you get them by the dozen!!! (And I hope non of my bulbs go whilst you're out checking - they're all spot on at the moment!) :D
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby The Mofo » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Alp,

Pay me 50% of any fines you receive income from and I'll stand at the bottom of Hillberry in the morning/evening and take licence plates down of the peeps that have defective lights, I'll make a fortune.

And then in between I'll go round Douglas taking plates of all the cars that are illegally parked 8)

Best of luck with the Christmas campaign, I bet you get some great excuses this time of the year
    :?
    The Mofo

Postby alp » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:04 pm

The Mofo wrote:Pay me 50% of any fines you receive income from
    Unfortunately the Police don't see the money - it all goes into the Govt moneybox.....
    All Comments are my own and not on behalf of any other organisation.
    alp

Postby Cret » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:52 pm

alp wrote:it all goes into the Govt moneybox.....

It's a shame that the only bit of road they seem to spend the proceeds on is the TT circuit! :(
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby dodgy__tam » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:28 am

alp wrote:
    The Mofo wrote:Pay me 50% of any fines you receive income from
    Unfortunately the Police don't see the money - it all goes into the Govt moneybox.....

and the police annual dinner/dance/all expenses paid trip to the spearmint rhino........ :wink: only joking, very good points there though!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers!! :-)
    dodgy__tam
    Pro Member

Postby Cret » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:27 am

Saw 'the force' out in numbers at santon this morning with one or two vehicles pulled over.

Good work with the war on crap lights - one of my pet hates. :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby Devboy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:16 am

I'm out in the works van pretty much all day, I must see about 10-20cars a day with either a brake light out or just a normal light out.

Its silly the amoutn of people that don't check to see if there lights are ok.
    Devboy
    Pro Member

Next

Return to General Chat