Wierd Situation

Got a bike? Tell us about it.
Problems, looking to buy? Post in here
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Wierd Situation

Postby TCooper41 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Ok, I passed my bike test over here and got my licence on 28/07/09, but my family are moving to England, and I'm going with them, so I was wondering, does the 2 year 33bhp restriction apply to me when I move over even though I passed my test over here?
    Any help would be great!

Ta, Tristan
    TCooper41

Postby macca » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm

speak to your insurance company !!! they may not cover you due to this :shock:
    if you ride over there on a manx licence ud be ok but ull be living there so would have to move it to a uk licence
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
    macca
    Pro Member

Re: Wierd Situation

Postby Nitro » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 pm

TCooper41 wrote:Ok, I passed my bike test over here and got my licence on 28/07/09, but my family are moving to England, and I'm going with them, so I was wondering, does the 2 year 33bhp restriction apply to me when I move over even though I passed my test over here?
    Any help would be great!

Ta, Tristan

I'd hazard a guess and say no, but you'd be better to ring and ask the DVLA, technically you're just swapping a full Manx licence for a full English licence.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby macca » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm

and english restrictions will apply
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
    macca
    Pro Member

Return to Bike Chat!