White Nissan micra..

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • White Nissan micra..

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:44 pm

Just been driving home over the mountain after taking my son to the park in Ramsay. Thick fog over the top and pretty bloody miserable!!! I was travelling at between 40/50mph as the visibility was only around a cars length. This little prick in a micra start tailgating me and trying to overtake, so I brake to try and get some room between us which just made him beep and gesture to move out of his way!!! Wife was with me in the front, doesn't like fog anyway and my 5 year old was in he back complaining about a sore stomach.
    Blood was boiling with him by this point so I pulled over on the verander flashing him and indicating to pull over so I could smack him basically, but he drove on like a little piss bag. Let my little boy get out for some air cause he felt sick then continued on my way.
    Still fe*king fuming now. The mountain is not a race track in conditions like that. That sort of driving is just dangerous when visibility is that poor....
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Re: White Nissan micra..

Postby Marshall » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Seems to be the latest craze. Had some sh*t in a green Fiesta do the same thing heading down Tholty last week too. Only that clever chap overtook a line of 3 cars (in the fog) then tailgated whatever it was in front of me previously all the way to the Claddaghs turn off.
    Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:02 pm

man83g wrote:Just been driving home over the mountain after taking my son to the park in Ramsay. Thick fog over the top and pretty bloody miserable!!! I was travelling at between 40/50mph as the visibility was only around a cars length. This little prick in a micra start tailgating me and trying to overtake, so I brake to try and get some room between us which just made him beep and gesture to move out of his way!!! Wife was with me in the front, doesn't like fog anyway and my 5 year old was in he back complaining about a sore stomach.
    Blood was boiling with him by this point so I pulled over on the verander flashing him and indicating to pull over so I could smack him basically, but he drove on like a little piss bag. Let my little boy get out for some air cause he felt sick then continued on my way.
    Still fe*king fuming now. The mountain is not a race track in conditions like that. That sort of driving is just dangerous when visibility is that poor....

Having gone over the mountain road twice today (northbound at 1pm, Southbound at 5ish) I can agree that the conditions were horrendous, I travelled the whole way over at 40mph, dropping to 30ish in a few places (caught a car up, who was doing bang on 30mph), normally i'd be doing at least double that.

I'd have reported him, I don't condone violence, especially if you had your wife and kid in the car, that would make you worse, besides this is a small island, you'll see him again! :blackeye:
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Yea wouldn't normally condone violence myself. However this tool would have deserved a slap. He just managed to boil my blood. Normally pretty calm behind the wheel to be honest, takes a lot to wind me up to that point!!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby DarkFlare » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Get a flamer on your exhaust. See if he still wants to tailgate.
    DarkFlare

Vehicle Make & Model: Evolution VIII
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0

Postby Nay » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Its scary the amount of people that want to kill themselves in Horrible conditions. I'm sure you will see them around. Od style micra? Give them a kind word next time you bump into them.
    Rotrex Baby! :D
    Nay
    Advanced Member

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..