silver focus st

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • silver focus st

Postby tree » Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

a local establishment that utilises a few of theese vehicles are responsible for this one....

Dont think I have ever posted in this section but when you see the people that are supposed to enforce the rules driving badly themselves its unacceptable!

Just coming over the mountain in works van circa 12.30, at the end of the mile, an st with 3 people in the vehicle comes past me at a bit of a pace.. (to be fair a bit of a pace could have been 70) seeing as the traffic infront of me was doing 40.

Just as he came upside me he started to brake seemingly he had not seen the biker +passneger infront of me... and he darted in with no indication of his intentions... fair enough mistakes happen he may not have noticed the biker and just thought tuck in now.. and if taht had of been the case i wouldnt be posting here.

He proceeded to follow the english registered biker with less than a second gap between the car and bike.

The driver then went for another overtake offering no indication of intentions to other road users, when he tucked back in he seeme dto be allowing more of a gap between him and the car infront this time.. he overtook again but I couldnt see if he indicated and was out of vision then.

Just how fecking stupid. You would have thought one of his colleagues may have mentioned hang on a moment just watch your following distance or somehting but no.

I know not to categorise all police drivers like this as there some bloody good ones that ive seen enjoying a spirited and safe controlled drive over the mountain before but this one was a right numpty!!!
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: silver focus st

Postby jonnyrebel » Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I believe they are doing vehicle training at the moment.
    jonnyrebel

Postby VR6 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 pm

So question to all those 'observers' out there. Would you report this if you saw it?
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby gazza_ » Fri May 13, 2011 5:25 pm

jonnyrebel wrote:I believe they are doing vehicle training at the moment.

yep they were doing brake tests down the road from ours today.
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby bougourd » Sat May 14, 2011 12:00 am

there must have been the whole fleet out as was at least 20+ police bikes all outside kirk michael school when i was on my way home the other night
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

Postby Berry » Wed May 18, 2011 1:52 pm

jonnyrebel wrote:I believe they are doing vehicle training at the moment.
    Berry

Postby Berry » Wed May 18, 2011 2:01 pm

If what Tree says is right ( and 110% think it is ) surely they should be doing this on a closed road, ie Jurby?

Seems pretty stupid really, imagine if they had hit the bike or cut Tree off causing him to crash.

I would report it, but then again it'll most prob just get ignored.

Sometimes I wish people has video cameras, like you see on USA police tapes, on normal cars.

quick edit: maybe have a quiet word with Mr.Flint?
    Berry

Postby man83g » Wed May 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Think the idea of training is to give the driver more practice at driving at speed in heavy traffic. Bit of a joke really cause of the danger it posses to the public. But they do need to be able to do it incase they have to respond quickly. And as for jurby, IMO that would be of absolutely no use as track driving and road driving are two completely seperate things. Seen it on the likes of police stop before when the car is driven the same as this with observers on board to make sure the guy behind the wheel knows what hes doing. Wonder where he would stand though if he did cause a crash????
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby privatebill » Wed May 18, 2011 8:42 pm

he'd probably fail!
    privatebill

Postby Jay_VTR » Wed May 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Bit of topic but someone mentioned the "what happens if they crash" thing.... Have we seen the vid on youtube of the health and safety person riding a bike on the mountain & crashing during a demonstration?
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Next

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..