White Van with Orange Top Light

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • White Van with Orange Top Light

Postby QuietOne » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 am

Followed me from Ballacraine through to Douglas this morning obviously hating the fact that I observe all the speed limits. I gave him all the time and space to overtake (without actually stopping) but he sat right behind me, but at the first roundabout at Braddan Bridge, turning right with me, he completely cut the roundabout and was no more that 6 inches away from the back of my car :shock: I flashed my hazards and slowed down (slowly) but he seemed oblivious to this... and continued to drive too feckin' close... had I been in my old Land Rover, he would have regretted it!

I managed to get his registration number and he has been reported to the police for driving with undue care and attention. :P

Will these people never learn... The road is wet, you're driving too close, you WILL cause an accident should I have to bring my vehicle to a sudden stop.
    QuietOne

Re: White Van with Orange Top Light

Postby Marshall » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 am

Must have been something to do with the weather today then. I had some eejit undertake me outside the gaiety this morning then cut back across to the outside line. Wouldn't have been too bad if I wasn't doing 30 at the time and he was pulling away like a steam train... If you know anyone in a Maroon Mk3 Golf GTI 16v, have a word... ;)
    Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Postby VR6 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:53 am

Well done.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby Cret » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 am

Good work for reporting the idiot. I'm sick to death of people tailgating, not just me, but even when it's the car in front of me tailgating someone else for instance. I never report it, but I should - good work for doing that.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..