What's the Point!

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • What's the Point!

Postby QuietOne » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Start Rant...

Was travelling home tonight after work, causing a tailback (as I was keeping to speed limits!) and some moron in a white van thought that he didn't have to abide by the speed limit signs, overtook several cars to get in front of me, only to have to stop right in front of me at the next set of traffic lights! Why???? He then proceeded to exceed further speed limits later down the road.

I can't comprehend this sort of driving when you achieve nothing more than being a danger and annoyance to other road users. Without wishing to cause offence to anyone, but these sort of people are the first to complain when a friend of family member gets injured (or worse!) when a driver is speeding. Just stop it!!!

End Rant... :|
    QuietOne

Re: What's the Point!

Postby ah kid » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:38 pm

its about time people reported these idiots as it happens all the time, and at the end of the day he will have got to where he is going about 30 seconds sooner!!!! :boxing:
    Jesus loves me for my rumble....the neighbours well ........not really ......
    ah kid
    Advanced Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Forester XT
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 turbo

Postby QuietOne » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:56 pm

One for the Moderators..... What's the deal with posting Company Vehicle names on here?

I can name several for road traffic offences ranging from minor to MAJOR..... As I'm sure could many others.... :shock:
    QuietOne

Postby VR6 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:46 am

Because when your opinion about one of these firms/drivers contradicts what they believe happened and they sue the forum for your potentially libellous comments it's the forum's admin who will get it in the neck.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby Pugguy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19 am

QuietOne wrote:One for the Moderators..... What's the deal with posting Company Vehicle names on here?

I can name several for road traffic offences ranging from minor to MAJOR..... As I'm sure could many others.... :shock:

As VR6 has mentioned - everyone has their own interpretation of what happened & this can lead to potential problems if the company decides to take action against the posted comments.

Feel free to rant on here, but if you feel something should be done about a dangerous driver, please report it to the relevant authority's.
    I reject your reality & substitute my own..

Pugguy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Highscores: 2
    Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Impreza P1
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 Turbo
    Motoring Interests: Rallying, Vehicle modifications, Performance

Postby Cret » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:02 pm

I'd love to be able to mention company names on rants but it's a total no-go.

T'other day there was a big artic heading towards me with main bean on in broad daylight and the driver was on the phone too. Total tw@t but unfortunately we can't say who. :(

Saw a loony overtake this morning by some tosser in a beat up dented purple honda, went past 3 cars on the straight just down from st marks crossroads. Going WAY over the speed limit and skimming right along the entraceways of the house(s) on the right side of the straight as you come down. Lethal and brainless. way to go.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..