Humble Pie

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Humble Pie

Postby QuietOne » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Was going to work the other morning towards Douglas at the traffic lights at Ballacraine travelling from Ballig Bridge direction. As I was on my motorbike and the lights were on red, I passed all the traffic on the right hand side, I was indicating left (hoping to get to the front of the queue before the lights changed), but literally as I got to the halt sign the lights changed to green. The vehicle at the front of the queue was placed to the right hand side, and I couldn't see his indicator.

So, what to do! :| .... Do I suddenly stop in the middle of the road or make my turn. I'm on a bike... I'm vunerable at the best of times, so stopping in the middle of the road didn't appeal to my better nature, so I used the acceralation of the bike, and made by turn.
    The driver of the vehicle at the front of the queue (who was also turning left) obviously did not approve of the manoeuvre judging by their use of the horn and lights….

I made a mistake. My apologies to the driver of the vehicle, but I had to make a split second decision... :(
    QuietOne

Re: Humble Pie

Postby Marshall » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:12 am

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologies to the blue Fiesta (554 in the plate) I pulled out on at the Bungalow on Friday. I'd also like to say that in future you might want to put your fe*king lights on in what was quite possibly the worst fog I've seen in a long time, muppet.
    Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..