An angry bus driver

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • An angry bus driver

Postby Sarah172 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Now then, i dont think ive ever ventured into here but i have just submitted a formal complaint to the Bus Station about a bus driver

so in the short

I was driving down from Crellins Hill to the prom, where a bus driver was driving along the prom, I was driving passed the Sefton in the Left hand lane and the bus driver (in the right hand lane) just cut across into my traffic with NO indication!!!! As he was coming closer to driving into me, I beeped my horn to make the driver aware I was in the left hand lane, and did an emergency stop to let the bus driver in. I then pulled into the right hand lane and as I pulled across the lanes, he put his middle finger up at me!!!!

I understand that the buses rule the roads when pulling out of a bus stop but i didnt have a clue where this bus was going and there was no need to put his finger up at me. I also had my son in the car too, and he was asking all the way to school, why did that man put is hand up etc

/angry....alot
    Sarah172
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Pug 306 D Turbo
    Motoring Interests: Photography & motorsport

Re: An angry bus driver

Postby Rilla » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:59 pm

lol, bus drivers and taxi drivers, considering they spend ALL day driving for a living, you would think they should be fairly good at it. but alas..............
    I spend all my money on drugs, women and fast cars, the rest i waste.
    Rilla

Vehicle Make & Model: Audi RS6
    Vehicle Engine Size: 4.2 V8 Twin Turbo

Postby Geordie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:23 pm

I always thought the rule with buses is that if they're indicating they can break the law... Maybe this has changed in Tynwald as it is too much effort to move the indicator stalk?!
    2009 Polaris Sportsman XP 550
    1993 Eunos Roadster V-Special 1.6i
    1998 Land Rover Defender 90 2.5 300Tdi
    2000 Volkswagen Passat B5 1.8 20v
    1997 Volkswagen Golf Mk3
    Geordie
    Advanced Member

Postby Sarah172 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm

LOL i know that law Geordie

but its actually if a bus is moving away from a stop then they can just pull out.....something on the lines of that

I wouldnt have been so annoyed only he put his finger up at me. then kinda sat between 2 lanes for a bit and then moved over...it was like i was expected to know the route he was going for which lane he would be in

Anyway, ive received an email back from the head of something in gov, and he will be 'investigating' this matter, so we will see
    Sarah172
    Pro Member

Postby Pugguy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:23 am

Very annoying but very typical of some bus drivers- they are a law unto themselves & they rule the bus service (the managers are scared of the drivers).
    Unfortunatly nothing will come of your complaint & id be very supprised if the driver even gets told about it- they cant sack drivers & the drivers know that.
    I reject your reality & substitute my own..

Pugguy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Highscores: 2
    Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Impreza P1
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 Turbo
    Motoring Interests: Rallying, Vehicle modifications, Performance

Postby rx_sideways » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah - they can even crash into innocent bank buildings without penalty! If it was one of us....
    It aint what you drive, its the way that you drive it...
    rx_sideways

Highscores: 2

Postby Geordie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:01 pm

Sarah172 wrote:it was like i was expected to know the route he was going for which lane he would be in

You should have looked at the route number on the back of the bus, got a bus timetable, looked it up, then you would have known where he was going and all of this wouldn't have happened... sheeesh! :roll:
    2009 Polaris Sportsman XP 550
    1993 Eunos Roadster V-Special 1.6i
    1998 Land Rover Defender 90 2.5 300Tdi
    2000 Volkswagen Passat B5 1.8 20v
    1997 Volkswagen Golf Mk3
    Geordie
    Advanced Member

Postby man83g » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:47 pm

I dont believe its true that they can just pull out whenever they feel like it.. That would be incredibly dangerous. They do however think they can wave there usually fat and useless hands at cars and expect them to stop whenever they need to pull out. I for one always try not to let them pull out as there is nothing worse than being stuck behind a bus with its massively smokey disiesel engine choking me!!! I have also had a few arguements with the drivers after they have nearly side swiped me cause they cant usually even be bothered to check there mirrors..
    I think you took the whole finger thing fairly well as i think the red mist would have made me follow him and tell him exactly what i thought of him!!!!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby Rilla » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 pm

lol a man after my own heart there!
    I spend all my money on drugs, women and fast cars, the rest i waste.
    Rilla

Vehicle Make & Model: Audi RS6
    Vehicle Engine Size: 4.2 V8 Twin Turbo

Postby Sarah172 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 pm

man83g wrote:I dont believe its true that they can just pull out whenever they feel like it.. That would be incredibly dangerous. They do however think they can wave there usually fat and useless hands at cars and expect them to stop whenever they need to pull out. I for one always try not to let them pull out as there is nothing worse than being stuck behind a bus with its massively smokey disiesel engine choking me!!! I have also had a few arguements with the drivers after they have nearly side swiped me cause they cant usually even be bothered to check there mirrors..
    I think you took the whole finger thing fairly well as i think the red mist would have made me follow him and tell him exactly what i thought of him!!!!!

believe me this is red mist for me, it takes a lot to piss me off to complain and he pushed all the right buttons

Never have i felt like F**K it i should have just let him drive into me but with ads in the car i didnt wanna do that for sure.

I was so close to following him but had to get adam to school so went on my way, but as soon as i dropped him off i was on the phone straight away to the bus station and they said 'send an email' it was the 28 so went near Adams school, and was so tempted to find him and kick off at him. But thought he will end up running me over/getting police involved etc so just left it

I am yet to hear from this person at the government but i will be sending a chaser email on Monday
    Sarah172
    Pro Member

Next

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..