One Eyed Monsters

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: One Eyed Monsters

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:12 pm

87 umn wrote:dont the police have enough problems with tits ringing up and complaining and wasting their time, maybe to save getting into a further debate which is why i suppose these sites are created not for assistance on cars or motors etc but to moan then maybe there should be another department that the government could waste more money on in reporting these such incidents or BAD drivers. just think you could be in need of emergency assistance and two possibly three officers are attending a vehicle parked illegally or a headlight in dipped mode than racing to your rescue think you understand where im coming from

thanks

In that case the Police should have enough staff to handle both emergency calls and deal with non serious matters. I'd like to think if I had a brake light out for example that the police would pull me over and give me a heads up, for my safety more than anything, obviously if they received an emergency call whilst dealing with a non serious matter they can (and do) jump in their cars and go.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Re: One Eyed Monsters

Postby 87 umn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:13 pm

everybody hates there driving test but after trailer hgv bike and car test i have had a few tests and your right but the one that really makes you a more careful driver is being on a bike, i respect the island we live on but if you own a bike and ride on the road you dont just jump on a bike and go you check it first, maybe things should be better implemented-learn to drive rather than learn enough to pass your test theres a big difference
    if its got tits or tyres its trouble
    87 umn
    Novice User

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:21 pm

goldie150 wrote:whining on bout peoples head lights is a bit pathetic i agree with 87UMN everyone on here just likes to moan about nothing

I fail to understand the purpose of your post, you've just moaned about other people moaning?
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby Nitro » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:25 pm

87 umn wrote:I respect the island we live on but if you own a bike and ride on the road you dont just jump on a bike and go you check it first, maybe things should be better implemented-learn to drive rather than learn enough to pass your test theres a big difference

I wholeheartedly agree.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

^^^I agree with that. You do only start learning to drive when you pass your test, and the test is a bit basic. But you should know better than most, as a biker and a truck driver of the dangers that unroadworthy vehicles pose!! Say you were going out on your bike and joe blogs was driving his car with a dodgy brake light, and you hit him cause you didn't see him braking!!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby 87 umn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 pm

agree but always give plenty of space between vehicle should i mean should give adequate time to respond. this issue wont help anything im jus saying about people constantely moaning about drivers on here the island is to small but i suppose you moderators are doing your duties by not posting up number plates etc, do these bad driver section get viewed by the police, they have a facebook group which works well that times is spent well?
    if its got tits or tyres its trouble
    87 umn
    Novice User

Postby man83g » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Derrick flint was/is a member on here, not been on in a while, or signed in at least. But shows the police know about the sight. I wouldn't normally post about bad drivers or the likes. Apart from today, which I felt was justified. Believe it or not I'm no usually the moaning type!!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby Marshall » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:21 am

Same boat as man83g to be honest, I don't post up about one eyed monsters as it's an everyday sight. But I will, and have, posted up about utter utter eejits that drive in a manner that I feel puts other lives at risk..... Usually you find the owners of said cars come on here to try to justify their actions and end up looking like total tools anyways.
    Marshall
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 3
    Vehicle Make & Model: Westfield / Mk1 Golf
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2ltr 16v / 2ltr 16v

Postby Cret » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:52 am

There's no point posting up specially about 'a' car with a light out, or reporting it no, but there's nothing wrong with moaning about the vast number of them when there's no reason to be so many.
    It may seem minor but in poor visibility conditions especially a lack of light, or no brake lights at all, or lights not turned on etc, could easily result in a very serious accident, so it's not something that doesn't matter.
    Most of us on here might have the sense to not do that but it doesn't mean everyone does, as we all know there are some proper brain dead zombies on the roads.

I did see the rozzers pulling people over in ballasalla the other week and as I came down the hill a little hatch like a saxo came up from the whitey with its foglights on. I started saying to the mrs "I bet you any money they just ignore them - they never do people for having their fogs on!" then a copper stepped out and waved them in for a talking to. Nice one! :D

For anyone not using by the way the @iompolice twitter feed is brilliant for avoiding crash scene queues and stuff like that. Very handy!
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby JayJay » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:30 am

I find it incredibly dangerous when a car is driving along the mountain road, early in the morning when its still dark, with no lights on. If I went to overtake someone thinking it was clear because they were almost invisible there could be quite an accident (and I keep an eye on the road ahead like a hawk before going past anyone).

Not to mention the R driver I was behind the other night (clear night) with NO working rear lights, so they put their fog light on. I don't think people realise how bright the rear fog light is, I've had cars in front of me just switch it on when I'm behind them, and in the rain I have almost zero visbility because it lights up my whole windscreen.
    JayJay

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..