One Eyed Monsters

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby inchley313 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:12 am

    JayJay wrote:I find it incredibly dangerous when a car is driving along the mountain road, early in the morning when its still dark, with no lights on. If I went to overtake someone thinking it was clear because they were almost invisible there could be quite an accident (and I keep an eye on the road ahead like a hawk before going past anyone).

    Not to mention the R driver I was behind the other night (clear night) with NO working rear lights, so they put their fog light on. I don't think people realise how bright the rear fog light is, I've had cars in front of me just switch it on when I'm behind them, and in the rain I have almost zero visbility because it lights up my whole windscreen.


    I have also seen this a lot in the last couple of weeks. I've just noticed my van has a brake light bulb out, I bet you can't guess what I did????? Would you believe that I actually replaced it as per the legal requirement!!!!

    Rear fogs are one of my pet hates also!!!!!! If it's foggy, I will use my rear fog lamp UNTIL a vehicle is behind me at a close enough distance for them to see me at which point I TURN IT OFF!!!!!!! I do NOT want to dazzle the person behind me as the person in front is normally doing to me!!!!!

    LEARN WHEN TO USE THEM PEOPLE AND USE A LITTLE BIT OF COMMON SENSE!!!!!
    2002 Ford Galaxy, 2.3 16v in Silver
    2003 Mercedes Vito, 2.2CDi Drainage Van

    http://www.drainageconsultantsiom.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/drainageconsultants
    User avatar
    inchley313
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 241
    Images: 39
    Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 pm
    Location: Ramsey
    Vehicle Make & Model: Ford Galaxy
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.3 16v
    Motoring Interests: Mods & Motorsport

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby man83g » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 pm

    Something a little fishy about your statement Ian!!!!
    Image
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    User avatar
    man83g
    Pro Member
     
    Posts: 942
    Images: 22
    Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:49 pm
    Location: douglas
    Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby Nitro » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:52 pm

    JayJay wrote:Not to mention the R driver I was behind the other night (clear night) with NO working rear lights, so they put their fog light on. I don't think people realise how bright the rear fog light is, I've had cars in front of me just switch it on when I'm behind them, and in the rain I have almost zero visbility because it lights up my whole windscreen.


    Even in thick fog, If a car catches me up, i'll turn my (rear) fogs off, as long as they know i'm there, other wise they're too bright!
    User avatar
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team
     
    Posts: 1454
    Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:51 pm
    Highscores: 2

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby inchley313 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

    man83g wrote:Something a little fishy about your statement Ian!!!!


    Oh man83g, (slaps knee in a comical way) You're sooooooooooooo funny what what!!!!! gay* :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright:
    2002 Ford Galaxy, 2.3 16v in Silver
    2003 Mercedes Vito, 2.2CDi Drainage Van

    http://www.drainageconsultantsiom.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/drainageconsultants
    User avatar
    inchley313
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 241
    Images: 39
    Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 pm
    Location: Ramsey
    Vehicle Make & Model: Ford Galaxy
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.3 16v
    Motoring Interests: Mods & Motorsport

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby r(al)lye » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:55 am

    my headlights flashed like a cop car the other week when i took it out at night so pulled in and got it towed home took it to bmw who said they had fixed said problem and got it back with no lights what so ever so had to get it towed yet again :( luckily i never paid the fools for saying it was fixed when the bulbs had blown and fuses had blown due to a relay being wired wrongly but all is good now new fuses, bulbs, and relays that are wired proper = happy me but if these bulbs blow so help me god i'll torch the bloody heap of crap haha
    r(al)lye
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 am
    Location: douglas

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby inchley313 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am

    r(al)lye wrote:my headlights flashed like a cop car the other week when i took it out at night so pulled in and got it towed home took it to bmw who said they had fixed said problem and got it back with no lights what so ever so had to get it towed yet again :( luckily i never paid the fools for saying it was fixed when the bulbs had blown and fuses had blown due to a relay being wired wrongly but all is good now new fuses, bulbs, and relays that are wired proper = happy me but if these bulbs blow so help me god i'll torch the bloody heap of crap haha


    They did fix the problem you reported, tell me I'm wrong but I guess you reported that the headlights were flashing?

    They didn't flash any more when you picked the car up!! I'd call that fixed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    2002 Ford Galaxy, 2.3 16v in Silver
    2003 Mercedes Vito, 2.2CDi Drainage Van

    http://www.drainageconsultantsiom.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/drainageconsultants
    User avatar
    inchley313
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 241
    Images: 39
    Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 7:47 pm
    Location: Ramsey
    Vehicle Make & Model: Ford Galaxy
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.3 16v
    Motoring Interests: Mods & Motorsport

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby r(al)lye » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:34 pm

    inchley313 wrote:
    r(al)lye wrote:my headlights flashed like a cop car the other week when i took it out at night so pulled in and got it towed home took it to bmw who said they had fixed said problem and got it back with no lights what so ever so had to get it towed yet again :( luckily i never paid the fools for saying it was fixed when the bulbs had blown and fuses had blown due to a relay being wired wrongly but all is good now new fuses, bulbs, and relays that are wired proper = happy me but if these bulbs blow so help me god i'll torch the bloody heap of crap haha


    They did fix the problem you reported, tell me I'm wrong but I guess you reported that the headlights were flashing?

    They didn't flash any more when you picked the car up!! I'd call that fixed!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


    this is true although it went in due to the fact even with the battery disconnected the lights stayed on all night :dontknow:
    i suppose easiest solution is to blow all the bulbs and fuses so that you can no longer see this problem :tongue: :thumbright: :thumbup:
    r(al)lye
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 220
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 12:13 am
    Location: douglas

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby DarkFlare » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:28 pm

    inchley313 wrote:Rear fogs are one of my pet hates also!!!!!! If it's foggy, I will use my rear fog lamp UNTIL a vehicle is behind me at a close enough distance for them to see me at which point I TURN IT OFF!!!!!!! I do NOT want to dazzle the person behind me as the person in front is normally doing to me!!!!!

    LEARN WHEN TO USE THEM PEOPLE AND USE A LITTLE BIT OF COMMON SENSE!!!!!

    Agreeing with this so much. Rear foglights are only really necessary on the car at the back of a queue of traffic. The others should be able to see the vehicle in front just fine. It's there so people from a distance travelling quicker than the traffic have time to see you and slow down.
    User avatar
    DarkFlare
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 60
    Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:18 pm
    Vehicle Make & Model: Evolution VIII
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby privatebill » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 pm

    If you're being dazzled by someone's rear fog lights (when driving in fog), do you think you might be too close to them?
    privatebill
    Regular Member
     
    Posts: 86
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:57 pm
    Location: doon sooth

    Re: One Eyed Monsters

    Postby Nitro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 pm

    privatebill wrote:If you're being dazzled by someone's rear fog lights (when driving in fog), do you think you might be too close to them?


    I try to maintain a least 2 car lengths at all times, I still get dazzled?
    User avatar
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team
     
    Posts: 1454
    Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:51 pm
    Highscores: 2

    PreviousNext

    Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

    cron