Silver Ford Focus In Filter Lanes On Douglas Prom

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Silver Ford Focus In Filter Lanes On Douglas Prom

Postby SpArX » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 pm

He started off behind me at the bottom of victoria road or whetever its called and a car on the prom kindly let me out in front so i was inbetween a car and a lorry.
    The silver focus then proceeded down the left hand lane (fair enough that's what it's there for) but decided he wanted to cut in between me and the lorry without using his indicator, bad enough.
    As he wasn't indicating I decided I wasn't going to let him in but he REALLY wanted to sit between me and the lorry. At one point my passenger mirror was scraping on his drivers window ffs!!!
    Not happy with this I decided to open the passenger window and in a polite southern accent say "if you want to cut in put your f*****g indicator on and I'll let you in" fair enough I thought.
    He decided rather than using his indicator to signal he'd leave his window up and use his middle finger to signal his feelings. Needless to say I was NOT a happy bunny at this point. To make it worse he decided to continue forcing his was over leaving me with a choice between staying in a straight line and him driving into me, pulling into the path of oncoming traffic, or breaking and hoping the car behind was paying attention.
    I opted for the latter and luckily the car behind didn't go into the back of me.
    I then decided that I would follow him with my full beams on so if anyone was coming the other way (towards sea terminal) I apologise if I blinded you but I was properly p****d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To make it worse he pulled in about 2 minutes later and as tempted as I was to stop and have a 'quiet chat' I decided that the risk of deportation for GBH and being seperated from my little brother and sister for a few years wasn't worth it.
    According to 118 118 it's not illegal to follow people while blowing kisses, a past time known commonly as stalking. However they cannot answer adult questions such as "what is the average diameter of the inside of a woman's vagina"
    SpArX
    Ultimate Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Astra Sport Estate
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.8 16v

Postby Nitro » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:16 am

Not being funny but wouldn't it have been better just to let him in and continue driving, as apposed to getting yourself irate and then putting full beam on to distract him and annoy other roads users?

Easy just to say "dick", like when i'm constantly being overtook in 30mph zones, mostly where summerland is/was or what most people have forgot where that young boy got knocked down, shame people can't learn when a life has been lost already.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby Nay » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:08 am

Was it a young driver? I have had times when I get really pi$$ed so I can see where you are coming from mate lol! I got a mte who drives a silver focus so just wondering if it was him, he aint the most pleasant of drivers lol!
    Nay
    Advanced Member

Postby este » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 am

:lol: :lol: Sorry i do think tahts a really funny little story you have there Sparx... :p I come back that way every day from work... and you get a lot of people pi$$in me off.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr boils me up just thinking about it.. BUT... to be honest... Nitro is kinda right... annoying as it is you probably just have to give in and let the f***ers win. I usually hope that when they get home they cry cos they rushed home to find there dinner burnt or that they're wife has left them for being a tw@t... (vice-versa if female). mwah ha ha haaaaaaaa
    …because the voices told me to!
    este
    Pro Member

Postby este » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:09 pm

:lol: just recieved this and couldnt help thinking...

…because the voices told me to!
    este
    Pro Member

Postby SpArX » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm

What Nitro said does make sense, and if he'd indicated I would of let him in but he just started moving towards my car when he was next to me and at 1st I had no idea what the hell he was doing.
    After that it was a matter of principal so I didn;t want to let him in. If i was still driving the ax it probably would have been more interesting because I wouldn't have stopped :lol:
    According to 118 118 it's not illegal to follow people while blowing kisses, a past time known commonly as stalking. However they cannot answer adult questions such as "what is the average diameter of the inside of a woman's vagina"
    SpArX
    Ultimate Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Astra Sport Estate
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.8 16v

Postby Nay » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:39 pm

that pic is ace!! hehe
    Nay
    Advanced Member

Re: Silver Ford Focus In Filter Lanes On Douglas Prom

Postby casper » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 pm

I nearly got wiped out by a silver focus two weeks ago. I pulled off the halt sign at cross four ways and the dick came from the Castletown side doing about 70. He went straight across the halt sign. He missed me by inches. I turned around and stopped him at the bottom of the Ballamodha. He claimed he did not know there was a halt sign there. Got the reg and reported him but the police want statements and all the S***e so I left it. He was on R Plates and he will kill someone or hopefully himself.

SpArX wrote:He started off behind me at the bottom of victoria road or whetever its called and a car on the prom kindly let me out in front so i was inbetween a car and a lorry.
    The silver focus then proceeded down the left hand lane (fair enough that's what it's there for) but decided he wanted to cut in between me and the lorry without using his indicator, bad enough.
    As he wasn't indicating I decided I wasn't going to let him in but he REALLY wanted to sit between me and the lorry. At one point my passenger mirror was scraping on his drivers window ffs!!!
    Not happy with this I decided to open the passenger window and in a polite southern accent say "if you want to cut in put your f*****g indicator on and I'll let you in" fair enough I thought.
    He decided rather than using his indicator to signal he'd leave his window up and use his middle finger to signal his feelings. Needless to say I was NOT a happy bunny at this point. To make it worse he decided to continue forcing his was over leaving me with a choice between staying in a straight line and him driving into me, pulling into the path of oncoming traffic, or breaking and hoping the car behind was paying attention.
    I opted for the latter and luckily the car behind didn't go into the back of me.
    I then decided that I would follow him with my full beams on so if anyone was coming the other way (towards sea terminal) I apologise if I blinded you but I was properly p****d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To make it worse he pulled in about 2 minutes later and as tempted as I was to stop and have a 'quiet chat' I decided that the risk of deportation for GBH and being seperated from my little brother and sister for a few years wasn't worth it.
    casper

Postby rx_sideways » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:07 am

TBH that is a S***e junction anyway - who has priority? The filter lane doesn't have a give way so its a bit of a lottery. No excuse for bad driving, but this is yet another DOT EFFUP. :roll:
    It aint what you drive, its the way that you drive it...
    rx_sideways

Highscores: 2

Postby logic » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:12 pm

hahahahahaha este it was funny reading it but im quite stubourn like that to if they want in frikking indicate if not p off and wait ya turn....it makes me laugh reading your post an estes pics.... totally agree it does make you irate but best to save peace or accident to let them in..
    I ALWAYS HAVE AN OPINION !!! :)
    logic
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Next

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..