Words Fail Me...

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Words Fail Me...

Postby WIDELOAD » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 am

...I saw this link whilst browsing the Adv Rider site in the States. It illustrates first hand what happens when a bigger vehicle hits a bike/scooter.

THIS FOOTAGE IS VERY GRAPHIC...if you are easily upset or at all squeamish DO NOT WATCH IT...

http://share.youthwant.com.tw/sh.php?id=23003335

RIP scooter rider...not much chance of avoiding that on a low powered machine...even if you had one eye glued to your mirrors :(

Please everyone...KEEP YOUR DISTANCE...
    WIDELOAD

Postby DaveM » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:29 am

dunno what to say really except

HOLY sh*t DUDE THATS fe*kin HARSH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont get how the truck driver never saw the scooter fella, must have been on the phone or something

The standard of driving in this world gets worse by the day
    DaveM
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby Girl89 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:40 am

Omg....wow... I noticed none of the other drivers stopped. Then again...would you honestly want to see the carnage that was left behind?! :shock:
    Girl89
    Advanced Member

Postby Nitro » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Bloody hell!, thats very graphic!, poor guy on the scooter, he was just squashed like a pancake!, in that scenario i'd want to leap off the scooter and take my chances rolling on the tarmac... but I guess thats easy to say just viewing it!

Actually on second/third view it was clearly the scooter riders fault, you can clearly see the scooter was at the right hand side of the lorry, the lorry then moves out to left as if he is overtaking the scooter, the scooter rider then crosses into the path of the the lorry and there wouldn't have been a chance of the lorry stopping in time even if it did brake, chances are the lorry driver didn't see the scooter crossing his path as it would be in his blindspot and when cutting across the front of the lorry, the scooter hasn't got the enough height to be viewable. (look how high the cab is on a lorry next time, you'll see at that distance it would be impossible to see anything, perhaps a helmet in a spilt second but thats it.

As for the drivers not stopping, there isn't much point really, unless you want to see the mess left behind, the rider is dead within a second of getting hit, you can't save his/her life, you'd be better calling the police and thats all you can do.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby macca » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm

wow :shock: thats all i can say to that
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
    macca
    Pro Member

Postby MadManx » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:06 pm

More HP on the scooter engine would have saved the rider,
    And if the Lorrie driver had been driving slower in the first place.
    Looks like the driver did his best to avoid the rider, but with that sort of load it was never going to stop in a hurry :roll:
    Would you hire a scooter the next time you are on holiday :shock: :?
    MadManx
    Pro Member

Postby iomgto » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:30 pm

so fake! hahahha blod is never that colour! hahaha funny
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Postby T182 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm

What not green?

Imagine marking out that scene ...
    T182

Postby Nitro » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 am

iomgto wrote:so fake! hahahha blod is never that colour! hahaha funny

I've never seen the colour of fresh blood.

But when I've cut myself falling over or whatever i've noticed that blood from fingers is a lighter colored red than blood from feet/toes. I'd assume blood nearer to the heart (or brain) would be an even lighter red.

However i've never seen someone get ran over like that (don't want to either), but the video shows a good indication of what would probably happen and I don't find that particularly funny.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby iomgto » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:01 pm

light red blood is oxygenated and dark blood has no oxygen in it! so doesn’t matter where you just yourself head or two it'll be one of two colours depending on what vein or artery you hit! lol flash cuts usually light coloured as your blood to these cells is oxygenated... oh that took me back to A Level :S
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Next

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..