XLR8's Bad Drivers Forum Gets News Coverage

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby Insane » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:37 am

Tree's on the ball here.

'Dangerous' is a very subjective term, especially when it comes to something that has strong opinion and driving's one of highest out there imo (no pun intended). Just to support this, why do cars come in so many colours? :!:

Don't waste people's time. Cause un-necessary agro, anxiety and so fourth by reporting something you percieve to be dangerous in your feeble minds.

Charity starts at home....Don't do 60mph in a 30 zone just to get someone's plate to report the person who supposidely cut you up half a mile earlier in a "dangerous overtake".

The wrong message is clearly being sent out to the public.
    Insane
    Pro Member

Postby DD » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 am

Geordie wrote: unrespectful,

disrespectful lol sorry that was annoying me.

Quiet one - even if you do report someone for one obviously simple mistake that they've made, how will it stop them running someone over the next day? if it was gunna happen it wud happen lol.

I think there is a very fine line here, i see where people's view on reporting is coming from i.e - people that make an obvious statement that they are driving like a tool and they know it, but some people seem to want absolute perfection in the world, so that no one makes mistakes, even when driving carefully mistakes can be made as I have found out recently, sometimes things cant be prevented from happening but a good knowledge of driving could help things being prevented further after a mistake has occured (such as iomgto's prevention of sliding in to anything on the roundabout)
    Maybe it's because i'm a Douglaser
    That i love Douglas so
    That i think of her wherever i go

I get a funny feelin inside of me
    Just walkin up and down
    That I love Douglas town!
    DD
    Post Master

Postby Nitro » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:21 pm

What people are looking for is persistent bad driving, Ie, they overtake on double white lines, round a blind bend, without even indicating, thats worth reporting.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby DD » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:40 pm

tbh, even if i did see a sh*t driver, i probably wudnt recognise them next time i saw them coz im too busy concerntrating on the road and what im doing rathre than looking out for the next idiot driver lol or the same one ive seen doing a silly thing once before lol
    That i love Douglas so
    That i think of her wherever i go

I get a funny feelin inside of me
    Just walkin up and down
    That I love Douglas town!
    DD
    Post Master

Postby Cret » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:49 am

Insane wrote:Tree's on the ball here.

I agree - as is Jonathan.
    'Dangerous' is a very subjective term,

Agree there too, but
    Don't waste people's time. Cause un-necessary agro, anxiety and so fourth by reporting something you percieve to be dangerous in your feeble minds.

That sounds like you're suggesting that everyone who reports someone for a driving offence is "feeble minded" and a time waster?

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick and misinterpreted your comment, but that sounds a bit arrogant. If you witness someone flouting the law quite obviously, or very nearly causing an accident (ie people having to take preventative measures to avoid a collision etc) & report it, how exactly does that make you feeble minded?

To me it would seem obvious that those who drive in a manner that causes them to be reported for being dangerous and having a lack of regard for their own/others' safety are the feeble minded ones. Sorry again if I have misunderstood what you are saying.

After all, the head of the traffic police has been publicly advising people that they can report people specifically to help them out.

Don't do 60mph in a 30 zone just to get someone's plate to report the person who supposidely cut you up half a mile earlier in a "dangerous overtake".

Agree 100%. Two wrongs & all that!
    The wrong message is clearly being sent out to the public.

But I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly.

Sorry - been a long day!
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Yellow Snow » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:15 am

ive seen loads of people doing dodgy stuff liek a felal over took about 5 cars on the mountain comming towards me the other day and if i didnt press the brakes he woulda smashed into me
    but i wouldnt report him what people do is up 2 them in my book
    Yellow Snow
    mr5gtt renault 5 turbo

Postby Taggart » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:22 am

manx5turbo wrote:but i wouldnt report him what people do is up 2 them in my book

What a load of utter tosh. If you see someone driving dangerously you should see it as your responsibility. What if you saw the same "felal" in the paper next week having gone headfirst into a family car?
    Taggart
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 7
    Vehicle Make & Model: Evo VIII
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1997

Postby Nitro » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:48 pm

manx5turbo wrote:ive seen loads of people doing dodgy stuff liek a felal over took about 5 cars on the mountain comming towards me the other day and if i didnt press the brakes he woulda smashed into me

Let my get this right, If you was a second slower you'd have been involved in an RTC through no fault of your own, due to the high speed on the mountain you'd have probably been seriously injured or worse killed.

So are you going to wait until the guy who overtakes doesn't have as much "luck" next time?
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby Yellow Snow » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:23 am

Nitro wrote:
    manx5turbo wrote:ive seen loads of people doing dodgy stuff liek a felal over took about 5 cars on the mountain comming towards me the other day and if i didnt press the brakes he woulda smashed into me

Let my get this right, If you was a second slower you'd have been involved in an RTC through no fault of your own, due to the high speed on the mountain you'd have probably been seriously injured or worse killed.

So are you going to wait until the guy who overtakes doesn't have as much "luck" next time?

yer thats right every 1 has there own opnion and thats mine i wouldnt report him because thats like snitching aint it and id never snitch on any 1
    if u think diffrent then thats up 2 u but thats how my book works
    Yellow Snow
    mr5gtt renault 5 turbo

Postby Cret » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:26 am

You're perfectly entitled to your own opinion and no-one can tell you it must be otherwise, but I must admit I find it a little strange that you seem to prefer to be potentially dead than a potential 'snitch' on someone who doesn't care what happens to you. That's the bottom line here.

Just seems odd but as I say it's your opinion and you're entitled to have it.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..