XLR8's Bad Drivers Forum Gets News Coverage

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby Cret » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:37 pm

xbones wrote:I'm not talking about grassing someone up for every minor infraction you see (you'd never be off the phone), I'm talking about trying to stop someone that is a clear danger to others. I say it's your responsibility to do something if someone is a threat to others.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate.

It's fine saying you (ie people in general - not anyone here in particular) don't want to be a grass or snitch even if you see someone driving dangerously, but say that person's bad driving kills your parents/child/wife/sister etc a week later - would you still think that not 'snitching' was the right thing to do?
    Dobbing them in might not be fun but could mean that they get a talking to and are told the law is keeping an eye on them, which could be the difference between something bad happening or not happening.

Put it another way - if you saw someone outside your house waving a shotgun around in the street would you just go back to watching the telly and ignore it as you're safely inside your house, or would you phone the police and tell them? It's not really any different.

I don't understand why someone would want to protect a person that you don't know, don't owe anything to, and who doesn't care about you when it could mean someone could be dead as a result? And all because they don't want to be called a snitch or a grass?
    I can understand (to a point) not wanting to grass on a mate or a relative as they are close to you and obviously there is a loyalty to them you don't want to break, but why for someone you never met and who doesn't care about you?

That's what I don't get.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Has to be posted sooner or later but ABS, Airbags, sweet tyres, speedlimits, double whites and the rest need to be tested against convention.

Someone has to do it, otherwise the human race wont evolve. :lol:

Those who die doing so must have defective genes in them so that helps the human race as a whole.
    Insane
    Pro Member

Postby Cret » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Well that's one point, but what about the poor souls they might hit in the process through no fault of their own. That's the crux of this whole thing really I think.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Insane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:08 pm

They deserve to be summoned and sent to prison. That's the risk involved in taking on convention.
    Insane
    Pro Member

Postby evan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:49 pm

It's a shame, but thats just the way the world is these days. Everyone is too busy poking there nose round in everyone elses buisness.

Who is more dangerous? The person who is driving quickly and fully concentrated on what they're doing or the person driving at 40 on the mountain looking at scenery in rush hour when everyone just wants to get home?
    evan

Previous

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..