Silver vauxhall with R plates

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby logic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm

i do understand where everyone comeing from but ive the guy a chance are u saying that no one else on here goes over the speed limit a little sumties?

if he was doing more than 50 in a 30 now that wud be stupid and dangerous,but if he was in a no speed limit and doing 51 or 52 then give him a chance.

i can mention but a few on here that go a little over the speed limit (not on purpose)and correct it when notice but if pcolvin put a bit more information up about it that wud clarify what had happened..then people wudnt need to speculate..
    I ALWAYS HAVE AN OPINION !!! :)
    logic
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby Taggart » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Bloody hell, if I reported everyone I saw speeding, I'd never be off the phone to the police!
    Taggart
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 7
    Vehicle Make & Model: Evo VIII
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1997

Postby Cret » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 pm

Taken wrote:Nip it in the Bud and all that!

I agree 100% with this. Catch them when they've not long had their license and give them a verbal roasting and it may put them off doing it before it's become an ingrained habit that they do constantly.

Far better a little bit of prevention now, than potentially having to deal with the results of their bad driving when they come a cropper further down the line.

People are saying it's only speeding and it's on the mountain so not as bad etc, but I really doubt someone would be irked enough by the driving to report the lad to the police for only going a couple of MPH over his limit.
    I wouldn't report someone who's only doing a touch over the limit, but would definitely report someone who's obviously taking the p1ss or being a menace. I'm sure most people are the same.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Claridge » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:07 pm

xbones wrote:Bloody hell, if I reported everyone I saw speeding, I'd never be off the phone to the police!

LMAO so true, i was going passed braddan bridge last weekend in the 40 limit goin towards union mills, there was 2 cars behind me and behing them was a police car, the car behind me overtook me, i was doin 40 and speeded off in the speed limit obviously going miles over it, and guess what the police car did fuk all, ummm if that was me they wud deefo be up for chasin me just cos of the car i have , grrr makes me so angry.
    The VTEC engine, All that lag and no turbo..... its like waiting for bad sex.
    Claridge
    ZSOC Member

Postby r(al)lye » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:24 pm

well lee you will just have to do the speed limits all the time lol
    r(al)lye

Postby luton » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:17 pm

the worse one by far is when you come into a 30mph limit, you slow down to 30mph and some cun* passes you!

That one really winds me up and usually involves flashing of lights, nasty hand gestures and plenty of tailgating by myself.

Don't f*ck with the German Tank!
    luton

Postby emesde » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:18 pm

That one really winds me up and usually involves flashing of lights, nasty hand gestures and plenty of tailgating by myself.

Why are you bringing yourself down to their level and driving even more dangerously than them . Someone upsets you so you tailgate them. :?: Grow up before you become a statistic :evil:
    emesde
    IAM Member
    IAM Member

Postby Berry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:35 pm

This is why he has points on his licence lol jerk!
    Berry

Postby DD » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:21 pm

handbags!
    Maybe it's because i'm a Douglaser
    That i love Douglas so
    That i think of her wherever i go

I get a funny feelin inside of me
    Just walkin up and down
    That I love Douglas town!
    DD
    Post Master

Postby luton » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:21 pm

yep thats right.

if you overtake someone in a 30mph zone that is doing 30mph then you deserve to be tailgated, there are speed limits for a reason.
    luton

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..