Driver education

Seen a bad driver? Got any road safety ideas? Let us know in here!
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby 206girl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:40 pm

lol sorry i dint go second page then what a blonde i am ! i m going to go on website wen i get broadband set up so i look forward to it!! :lol:
    206girl

Postby chaz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:23 pm

iomgto wrote:why is 140 down the creg a issue? some of us purchase a vehicle that can cope with this with easy and make it safe to do this speed like a motor mike R1 or R6 are capable of this and i see this alot on the moutain but we dont here anyone complaining about them buit if a car does it then big nono. long as the driver and vehicle if capable of this whats the problem? long as you take the precautions needed and think about hidden entrances etc etc and think ahead then no problem.

Tell me your joking? :roll:
    chaz
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby Nitro » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:47 pm

iomgto wrote:why is 140 down the creg a issue? some of us purchase a vehicle that can cope with this with easy and make it safe to do this speed like a motor mike R1 or R6 are capable of this and i see this alot on the moutain but we dont here anyone complaining about them buit if a car does it then big nono. long as the driver and vehicle if capable of this whats the problem? long as you take the precautions needed and think about hidden entrances etc etc and think ahead then no problem.

Good luck selling your car.......

I don't find 160mph on a bike as much of an issue because if they come off the road they'll (most likely) kill themselves they also have the whole width of one side of the road to play with, whereas a car takes up all of one side of the road, make a mistake your on the opposite side and disaster is x10 more likely to happen, you won't just take out youself, you'll kill other (innocent) people aswell.

He's hoping more is done to crack down on the twats doing silly speeds, Derek take note please, 100mph+ is unacceptable (I bet even your boys in blue don't go that fast, despite the high levels of training........).
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby tree » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:06 pm

hmm. 100MPH+ isnt unacceptable in my eyes. 140 coming down the creg i would say is excessive but it really depends on the vehicle and how it feels to sit at thoose speeds.

I regularly travel at just over 100 where its safe to do so. alaways back off at 90 coming down from the creg though.

My point is its not the speed that kils its inappropriate speed.
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby r(al)lye » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:28 am

tree wrote:I regularly travel at just over 100 where its safe to do so.

so in a 30 zone if its safe you do 100mph do you tree you do know you can get done for this if anyone sees you lol
    r(al)lye

Postby iomgto » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:09 am

i wouldnt dream of doing these speeds in a another car unless it was as capable as the 3000gt. like i said it all depends on the driver and the type of car! all speeds are save as long as the driver is in 100% control. Never push the boundries! Keep safe :)
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Postby iomgto » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 am

Nitro wrote:
    iomgto wrote:why is 140 down the creg a issue? .......................

Good luck selling your car.......

what the hell has this got to do with selling my car? LOL funny!
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Postby chaz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:03 pm

iomgto wrote:i wouldnt dream of doing these speeds in a another car unless it was as capable as the 3000gt. like i said it all depends on the driver and the type of car! all speeds are save as long as the driver is in 100% control. Never push the boundries! Keep safe :)

If you think your in control doing 140mph on any of the roads over here then your deluded :!:
    chaz
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby Nitro » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:26 pm

tree wrote:hmm. 100MPH+ isnt unacceptable in my eyes. 140 coming down the creg i would say is excessive but it really depends on the vehicle and how it feels to sit at thoose speeds.

I regularly travel at just over 100 where its safe to do so. alaways back off at 90 coming down from the creg though..

"how it feels to sit", yeah it might feel safe, doesn't mean it is though, 100mph+ is just ridiculous unless its on a straight road thats clear so you could only injure yourself.

We've seen recently what driving at 100mph does, the guy was killed and left a son without a father, his wife a widow and his parents minus a son. You never know whats going to happen next, I just really hoped people would learn from his mistake, obviously not. :(

An Evo is/was also considered a "capable car" it could do 140mph easy, but look what happened.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby tree » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:10 pm

everyone takes a chance everytime they drive on the road.
    I will still drive at 100mph+ where its safe to do so regardless of who is injured. Its not a big enough scarefactor unless you know the persons involved.

I agree hat it has to be a striaght road. you cant corner safely at 100MPH + anywhere that i can think of except up to the creg.(always forget the name of the corner..brandywell?)
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to IOM Bad drivers & Road Safety..