Subaru HT Leads

Engines, Gearboxes, Exhausts & Performance upgrades
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Subaru HT Leads

Postby Paul » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Is fitting new HT leads much of a job? I've got new spark plugs and ordered leads.

I'm aware that fitting the plugs is for somebody who has done it before, but what about the leads?

Thanks
    If you fancy it
    Paul
    Extreme Member

Re: Subaru HT Leads

Postby tree » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 pm

na plugs and leads are still simple enough bud, just a bit awkward to get at is all. All you need to remove is the airbox and battery. Youll be fine doing it yourself.
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby Cret » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:29 pm

Doable with battery in. Some people remove battery, washer tank, airbox etc but it's not so bad really after the first time you do them.
    Many don't have leads at all but guess yours isn't coil over plug.

It does help to have done it before but if you never do it you never get good at it.
    Personally, I find that a 3/8ths short knuckle bar works best with a short (2" I think) extension.

Use the knuckle bar just to do the first part tweak where you loosen the plug, and assuming they aren't tight to turn, remove the knuckle bar and then just turn the tip of the extension bar by hand to remove the plug fully. You tend to find that it's easiest to turn it thumb and first finger, like turning a volume knob if you see what I mean.

Good luck
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Paul » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks for this. Haven't tackled this yet. The leads still haven't arrived, so I'm waiting on these.

The Subaru has been off the road due to a split in the top rad hose. Hose has arrived today, will be fitting that tonight. And taking her for a spin, can't wait lol Been over a week.
    If you fancy it
    Paul
    Extreme Member

Return to Engine & Exhaust Etc