New ECU remapping on the island

Engines, Gearboxes, Exhausts & Performance upgrades
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • New ECU remapping on the island

Postby gazza_ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 am

morning all,

In the next couple of weeks hopefully by the end of next week we will be offering a ECU remapping services on the island,

To give you an in idea of what we will do then first a little info on the subject first to save some of the quastions.
    the types of mapping.

1, the tuning box
    While there have been many horror storys of theses over the years the box of tricks has come a long way.
    these plug in between the ecu and the rest of the car. the more newer ones which are expensive alter the computer signal from the ecu to gain more power.
    with these box,s the price you pay depends on how good the box is,

2. live remapping/custom
    This is for cars that have had a lot of mods done to there car, but any car can be live remapped,
    the car is ran on a rolling road and the ecu mod to gain the best power etc over the whole rev range,
    While a lot of people think this is the only way a remap should be done it is not the case.
    while if you have a lot of mods on your car bigger cams turbo,s etc then yes this is really the only way to go.
    But just because you are getting it live re mapped does not mean you will get the best map. There are some places that are not vary good at doing this.
    so pick a good company one that,s been tried and tested.

3. generic mapping.
    Theres consist off a tool you buy that you can plug into your car ecu port and re write the file,
    These files are of a generic type and are made to suit 1000s of the same car, But saying that thay are still quite good, but are still limited to what you can get with these, as thay are made to suit cars in different climates.

What we do
    4. custom to the car.
    This is really between the generic maps and the live re mapping.
    we read the ecu files that has all the date of how the cars been running on a day to day running.
    This files are then optimized to suit the car, and placed back on your car.
    doing it this way you will get a better re-map than using the generic type maps, as each car is made to suit that car.
    as some cars have different software in the ecu, and this takes that in to effect along with other date that can not be done by generic.

The mapping will not harm your engine or cause it it to have errors, and is perfectly safe to use.
    we offer a 7day money back if your not happy.
    no quibble lifetime warranty against corruption or other defects of the re map
    Better Diesel Fuel Economy and Better MPG is Guaranteed

there is pros and cons with all the ways it can be done,

Prices will be starting at £280-£300 per re map.
    We can offer this services at your home or work, and to fit in with your day to day working. also weekends as well.
    it should take no more than a couple of hours

to give you a guide, but each car has different gains.
    gains between 25-40bhp
    Torque 60-100
    and if not driven hard will give you a fuel saving in the area of 10-20% if your driving stays the same as before. (but expect the grin factor to play a part ;)

We are backed by a well known tuning house who have been in this game for 20 years or more, and are one of the most respected tuners in the uk.
    So rest assured you are in good hands. the re-map side of things we are the agents for Evolution Chipsâ„¢ http://www.evolutionchips.com and Just to prove that its really me http://evolutionchips.co.uk/dealer2.html you see a nice little sign on the isle of man 8)

couple of RR results from an evo chip dealers remap

we also can do tuning boxes to meet your needs for all TD models http://www.dte-diesel-tuning.com/

if you would like to know more e-mail me @ gttuning@manx.net
    Ring 364755
    Pm me on here
    im sure there will be more posts on here and im happy to answer them

more information to follow
    Last edited by gazza_ on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Re: New ECU remapping on the island

Postby viperbl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi, who is the well known tuning house?
    viperbl

Postby gazza_ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi viperbl, will show all in the next couple of days,
    this is just a heads up and a bit of pre thinking and for anyone to ask quastions etc about it

also for the ones that do not like the thought of a re-map, or for cars trucks that can not be done,
    we can supply them a tuning module to give them that extra thay want.

bare in mind these boxs are the not the cheap kind that just alter the fuel pressure. To be honest these boxs work out dearer than the re-map
    How the tuning box works

The same unit is used to for a large number of vehicles but different settings are uploaded into the unit. When the box is plugged into your vehicle it will analyse the ECU signals and alter them. This allows changes in injector opening times which increase or decrease the fuel rate to exactly the right amount, thus producing more torque and power.
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby VR6 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Potentially interested but, as you say, an experienced and quality person who knows what they're doing is vital so this would be the pivotal factor for me as well.

Btw, that would be live RR mapping I'm mainly talking about.
    Last edited by VR6 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby Road Runner » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:50 pm

So in laymans terms what would you do to my car to improve performance? Plug a piggyback ecu in?
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby VR6 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Depends what car it is ... ?
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby viperbl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:09 pm

I am assuming you will not be doing live custom mapping on the island?
    viperbl

Postby gazza_ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:40 pm

hi viperbl

no i will not be doing a live custom mapping
    the closet we can get to that is to do a live date log on the road, and send these settings away with your ecu to be tuned to a higher spec.
    but still not as good as a rolling road one,

hi VR6

yes a RR remap with somebody that has no clue about what there doing is a bad thing,
    hence the reason i think noboody has got one in, because noboody really knows what thay are doing,
    i would say it would take years to fully understand and to do it right and to do it well,

and even somebody that did get one in, and did RR remaps, unless thay had a good rep from the uk and being it for years would you chance them with your 10 grands worth of upgrades for the saving of the boat fair i dont think many would.

what i can offer is the the maps that have been tested to give the best upgrades but still well below the safety lvls built in for the cars.
    So to start with the map that is used is a generic type as the base plate,
    but is then altered to suit the way the car is running in the day to day. taking into the fact of diffrent software and the sensor values that is on your ECU.
    this map when finished and placed onto your car could not be taken off and placed on a car the same model spec as it would not work.

hi Road runner
    You have the option of a plug in piggyback ECU or the remap or if your car could not be done the flash way and you did not want a piggyback fitted, we can take your ECU out and send it away to be re mapped on the bench.

so in laymans terms piggyback ecu, we would just plug it in or you could fit it yourself and let the box do its job.
    flash mapping we would read your ECU send it to the company who would do the altering and re flash it back to your car,
    and the last option would be to remove your ECU and send it away to the company who would do the work on it and re fit it.

come tuesday/wednesday you will be able to see the tuning house i am using and will be able to do your own homework on the company and then make your choice.

While im going to say this because well its the company im using so its not as im going to say a bad word about them, but then i woulden have joined them if i thought thay were bad

But for the past 3-4 months i have been looking into 6 maybe 7 companys that offer this type of services, and i have stacks of e-mails from them all and hours of phone calls, and it would have been a lot more companys if i diden talk to somebody in the know that had northing to gain from warning me off certain companys

the one i have gone for i feel is the only one that has been up front stright from the word go, every car forum i have been on and i been on a lot this is the only company that has not had one bad word about them be it with problems with the re maps or any other aspect of it.
    there the only company that have supplied all the information i have asked for and there the only one that hasent told a little lie in the middle which after you read over 20 forums you can see the ones that are not quite what thay seam.

It is amazing how many companys offer this services to people like myself when all thay seam to care about is how much work thay can make out of it.
    i even had one company trying so hard to get me to sign up that he was giveing away free re maps just to get me to sign up, thing is you can follow his trail of lies etc across the web, and to top it all of he wasent even a main dealer he was trying to play a middle man, so if thats how he treats his agents just think how he would expect to treat his clients.

so with all being said and done that is why i have gone with this company, with it being a small island as it is, one bad thing and to be honest your out of this game.
    thay would rather me do say 100 good maps than 999 good ones and that 1 bad one, and that is what has stood them above the rest.

and looks like i have gone on and on again, sorry chaps.
    like i said you will be able to do your only looking into this company come tuesday.
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby gazza_ » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Aklso on a side note,
    has anyone had there car RR in the uk and got the test results,
    could do with using you for an hour to test a bit of kit out,
    no it wont cause any damage and no im not doing anything to your car.
    and you can drive. need to test something but need somebodys figures to go buy to see how it works
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby Road Runner » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:16 pm

It sounds good, I'm looking for to more information mid next week. What kind of cars can be done? Usually some tuner are brand specific?
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Next

Return to Engine & Exhaust Etc