Quick Car Sale Question

Chat about anything to do with Motoring.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Quick Car Sale Question

    Postby VR6 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:38 pm

    Just bought a new runabout and the guy has given me the Registration Certificate with the bottom part removed, presumably submitted to the PO.

    In order to get the Reg Cert changed into my name, I need him to sign the MVR2 for change of ownership/notification of new owner, and then submit that along with the Reg Cert. Is that right? From memory I thought I signed the MVR2 but the declaration at the bottom is worded as if the previous owner should sign/submit.

    And the back of the Reg Cert says that if I am the new keeper, I should sign the tear-off section of the Reg Cert. But obviously I can't because it's already missing!
    Advanced Member
    Posts: 582
    Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:43 pm

    Re: Quick Car Sale Question

    Postby Unders » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 pm

    Pretty sure this is correct. I wouldn't worry too much if it is the wrong way round though. The staff in the Post Office are normally quite helpful and will sort it out for you as normal.
    User avatar
    Site Manager
    Site Manager
    Posts: 1593
    Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:34 pm
    Location: Drivers Seat

    Re: Quick Car Sale Question

    Postby Nitro » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:06 pm

    Only need the MVR2, I never had an issue when the same happened to me, they just (wrongly) presumed it was torn off by me.
    User avatar
    Mod Team
    Mod Team
    Posts: 1454
    Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:51 pm
    Highscores: 2

    Return to General Motoring Chat

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests