Engine REMAPS etc & Work Permits etc... (split topic)

Chat about anything to do with Motoring.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: Engine REMAPS (PETROLS/DIESELS) SERVICING Last week in N

Postby man83g » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 am

As I've already said "NOBODY LOCAL" can offer this service. So can we now stop making a mess of this thread. Ant has applied for a work permit, as per the rules.. :thumbleft:
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Re: Engine REMAPS (PETROLS/DIESELS) SERVICING Last week in N

Postby Furious VIII » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:27 am

I am all for keeping business on the island and using local traders. As has been pointed out there is nobody in the Isle of Man doing what Ant and his company offer, at least not to the standard and experience he has. Just look at the feedback he has got on here and look at his website. I did a little homework to find out what Ant has done and found positive feedback on other forums.

He is fully insured and backs up his work.

Our cars are high performance machines and without experience and a wealth of knowledge they could easily be damaged. Which I found to my cost for using a 'Local Garage'. Because the owner of the garage did not have the experience / knowledge to work on my car, it caused major damage, all at my expense. Also work that this garage charged me for work that was never done, even though he assured me they have worked on 'these' cars before. :banghead:

Road Runner, Do you know any local company Ant is taking business from on the island? I understand your point, but Ant has done a very good job on my and other cars. You are in the wrong place to have a moan. You will get :violent3: for doing so on this post.

Ant, glad your getting a permit, that means you can come over more often :occasion5: Result

Cheers

Kev :thumbup:
    Furious VIII

Vehicle Make & Model: Evolution VIII
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2000cc
    Motoring Interests: All types of motorsport

Postby VR6 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 am

Don't waste your breath trying to reason with him.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

Postby Road Runner » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 am

I never criticised Ant nor his end products.

As I don't regularly post here, nor piss in the same pot as half the evo driver's here my input clearly isn't welcomed and is deemed offensive, no wonder the forums sucks balls as everyone is alienated from a select few peoples. Pull yourselves out off your cliche guys. We're all car guys right?

The system was under scrutiny from some narrowminded individuals that think I posted my comments related to a workpermit in spite, which wasn't the case. These are laws - which can't be ignored.

Again, my mentioning of the work permit system is for the benefit of the entire economy, not in spite of some EVO drivers that want remaps.

How would you guys have liked that I e-mailed this topic to the Gov instead and have Ant arrested when he got off the boat instead of adding my 2pence via some harmless posts? I'm not a snitch by nature, but the feedback from some of the members here make me question my light contributions to this topic. I'm starting to think a more deceptive and cuntish attitude towards the matter would of faired better due to some members contributions on here.

And to be honest, sending a cheque off and filling in form isn't the most arduous task in the world, surely? So don't try give me a hard time about it. Black or white. Simples.

Enjoy your remapped EVOs from an Alienated forum member.
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby man83g » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Not alienating you at all mate!! Simply arguing the point that no one on the island is capable of doing what is being offered. If your going to post stuff about work permits and the economy you must have expected some other comments from members.
    Also as for the clique thing, it's a forum!! I've never met any of the people on here!! Wouldn't know who they were if I passed them in the street. (and no I'm not in the evo wavers club either).
    No need to feel that youve been alienated by anyone, just cause people have a different opinion!!!!
    man83g
    Pro Member

Postby Road Runner » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am

man83g wrote:Not alienating you at all mate!! Simply arguing the point that no one on the island is capable of doing what is being offered. If your going to post stuff about work permits and the economy you must have expected some other comments from members.
    Also as for the clique thing, it's a forum!! I've never met any of the people on here!! Wouldn't know who they were if I passed them in the street. (and no I'm not in the evo wavers club either).
    No need to feel that youve been alienated by anyone, just cause people have a different opinion!!!!

Oh, you guys are arguing OPINIONS!!?!? I was stating facts. lol news to me!! Will let you guys bitch amongst yourselves whether the workpermit system is fair or not and is justified in this very exclusive, unique and special situation that you guys are facing... the special attention EVO drivers demand etc... best left to be sorted in house. IMO.

Anyway, I got much more contructive things to do then judge other peoples posts on a forum. I'm wearing out my keyboard keys. :wave:
    YABBA DABBA DOO
    Road Runner

Postby Pugguy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Topic split as the comments were now not relevant to the original post.

Road Runner wrote:...... no wonder the forums sucks balls as everyone is alienated from a select few peoples. Pull yourselves out off your cliche guys. We're all car guys right?............

The 'forums' are made up of individuals each with their own opinions- Not really the 'forums' fault here.

I agree there are regualtions in place to protect the local economy & these should be followed.
    However as a small island we need to realise there is not a big enough market for many specilisied companys to operate here & if a guy can come over & perform operations not available over here (thus saving US money) I dont have a problem with it.

Ive had to take rally cars to the uk before for remaps costing alot (all of which goes in the UK coffers anyway).

Im sure Ant is appreciative for the advice thus saving him any potential trouble he could have got into....
    I reject your reality & substitute my own..

Pugguy
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Highscores: 2
    Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Impreza P1
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 Turbo
    Motoring Interests: Rallying, Vehicle modifications, Performance

Re: Engine REMAPS etc & Work Permits etc... (split topic)

Postby man83g » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Have you got evo jelously or something??? One rule for one eh...
    man83g
    Pro Member

Postby inchley313 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:57 pm

[quote="Pugguy"]Topic split as the comments were now not relevant to the original post.

Good call Pugguy!!!!!!

As a "Come over" to this island, I've had my fair share of dealings with the work permits office and the only thing I can see it causes is a lot of grief for the hard working people who come here to enrich their own lives and add to the Manx economy!!

As an employee, it is a real struggle getting a job as most employers are put off by the whole "needing a work permit" thing!! I have children in the schools here, I pay my taxes here yet it seems that the Manx government would rather pay me job seekers to sit on my arse than give me a work permit so I can have a job that pays taxes to the Manx government. Fortunately, I have a good employer who battled long and hard until a work permit was granted!!

I agree that a work permit is a necessary evil to keep the "riff raff" out but the officials who hand these out seem to lack a certain amount of common sense and like has been commented here, if there is nobody offering what needs to be done, then what harm is it to the economy??
    2002 Ford Galaxy, 2.3 16v in Silver
    2003 Mercedes Vito, 2.2CDi Drainage Van

http://www.drainageconsultantsiom.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/drainageconsultants
    inchley313

Vehicle Make & Model: Ford Galaxy
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.3 16v
    Motoring Interests: Mods & Motorsport

Re: Engine REMAPS etc & Work Permits etc... (split topic)

Postby VR6 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:31 pm

The work permit system here is joke, which is why Road Runner's comments are so ludicrous.
    VR6
    Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Motoring Chat