Fuel Price Protest

Chat about anything to do with Motoring.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Fuel Price Protest

Postby bougourd » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 am

Just seen on the new this morning a group of protesters somewhere in uk cant remember where are holding a protest against high fuel prices tonight. but their method is brilliant.
    they are all going to get into their cars for a go-slow on motorways to hold up fuel tankers getting to their destination.
    Yes burning fuel which they will have to pay for and causing a shortage of fuel for certain parts of the country.

bound to bring prices below the pound a litre mark that :lol:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

Re: Fuel Price Protest

Postby man83g » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Lol, that is genius!!! The only people who will benefit from that will be the tanker drivers who will get a bit of overtime from being held up. As if the government or the fuel stations are going to take notice of something like that... :?
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby gazza_ » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Thing is fuel protesters that we seen in the early 2000s, will never happin again,

after them the uk gov, put in places laws that if they did that again, they could be charged with terrisom chargers,
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby jonnyboy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 am

that's bloody typical, and I bet it was labour that bundled that one into the terrorism law!
    Here's my idea - don’t drive for a week - t he loss in fuel duty would really hit he government hard - although I suspect they would only raise taxes somewhere else to make up the shortfall, or maybe there will be a pedestrian tax, after all the town centres are pretty congested!
    jonnyboy

Postby gazza_ » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:28 pm

jonnyboy wrote:that's bloody typical, and I bet it was labour that bundled that one into the terrorism law!
    Here's my idea - don’t drive for a week - t he loss in fuel duty would really hit he government hard - although I suspect they would only raise taxes somewhere else to make up the shortfall, or maybe there will be a pedestrian tax, after all the town centres are pretty congested!

I think it was bundled in to a terrorism law,
    It can be done, but its vary iffy grounds to do it,
    who ever sets them up will have to have the wits about them.

Not allowed to block refinarys like thay did last time

There is a small group just starting fuel protests, with go slows, in cars etc
    gazza_
    Pro Member

Postby man83g » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 pm

jonnyboy wrote:that's bloody typical, and I bet it was labour that bundled that one into the terrorism law!

If there is a manx protest can we do it in the summer please, there is no way im riding my bike in the rain!!!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Return to General Motoring Chat