BMW Crash on the coast road.

Chat about anything happening in the Isle of Man
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby Nitro » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:15 am

Have you seen the size/length of the skid marks....

It *looks* like he's just overcooked it on the corner and not recovered it IMO, not the biggest crime in the world, we've all overcooked it at one point or another, hopefully recovered it but not always.
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby pcolvin00 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Road Runner wrote:]

You got a good point, but driver 'education' still doesn't improve one's 'driving IQ' unfortunately.

p.s as a sernior observer you should be able to tell us what speed that car lost control at! I'm sure we'd all like to know! lol

I can't tell if that's a sarcastic lol or a "funny" lol BUT that's upto the police to sort out! They have the equations that take length of skid, tread width, angle and all the other calculations and measurements in account and come up with an answer. And the fancy software that traces backwards the moments leading to the event.

I've not seen the skids in the light and was not going to stop and look but it looked hefty to say the least.....
    [color=red]IAM[/color] Now A Fully Qualified National Observer
    I like a good blast over the Mountain but I also am someone who does Speed Limits!
    [color=blue]ManxYakker [/color]- Give Me A Rapid! NOW!
    pcolvin00
    IAM_Member

Postby Nitro » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:32 am

[quote="pcolvin00"]And the fancy software that traces backwards the moments leading to the event.quote]

Seen that running myself, really good kit, Basically a 3D version of what happened..... from the skids, angles, first contact point etc..., not a nice corner that one.

However that corner is a bugger for oil/diesel spills too, as the corner banks one way and then the other...
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby pcolvin00 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Nitro wrote:However that corner is a bugger for oil/diesel spills too, as the corner banks one way and then the other...

Just follow the number 3 bus and you'll see! desperate!
    [color=red]IAM[/color] Now A Fully Qualified National Observer
    I like a good blast over the Mountain but I also am someone who does Speed Limits!
    [color=blue]ManxYakker [/color]- Give Me A Rapid! NOW!
    pcolvin00
    IAM_Member

Postby Nitro » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 pm

pcolvin00 wrote:
    Nitro wrote:However that corner is a bugger for oil/diesel spills too, as the corner banks one way and then the other...

Just follow the number 3 bus and you'll see! desperate!

Reported numerous times, nothing gets done and have given up reporting.

Following the X3 I had a lovely splash of diesel on my windscreen! (around the goose-neck).
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Previous

Return to Local Chat