Mannifest

Chat about latest songs, music styles - TV episodes, Movies and shows etc..
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby SpArX » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 pm

gota be honest, I've finally looked at the link :oops:
    does look pretty good, but i'll probably be working as ever :cry:
    According to 118 118 it's not illegal to follow people while blowing kisses, a past time known commonly as stalking. However they cannot answer adult questions such as "what is the average diameter of the inside of a woman's vagina"
    SpArX
    Ultimate Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Astra Sport Estate
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.8 16v

Postby Nic » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I was gonna go too but i'll be in London
    Nic
    Sexy Saxo Girl
    Sexy Saxo Girl

Postby Mallaby106 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

If this goes ahead i will defo be there as i reckon anything like this will be good on the IOM. It may not be the most well organised thing like but at least sum1 is tryin to do somethin and i hope it works out for them.
    Mallaby's Dodgy Motors

Bodge it then Dodge it!
    Mallaby106
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby macca » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 am

from what iv heard its not going to happen and that from some1 who has been asked to help try and sell tickets they had till 9am yesterday morning to sell 500 tickets @ £50 a pop £25,000 they only sell full weeknd tickets and not day tickets !!! it needs to be sorted out by people that can organizers an event ......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a flat tire.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
    macca
    Pro Member

Postby macca » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:29 am

Festival organisers in plea to help the show go on

MANNIFEST

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:
    05 August 2009
    By FERGUS MCEWAN
    A DESPERATE plea has been made by the organiser of Mannifest 2009 to help keep the dream alive.
    Hal Kennard is trying to spark a last-minute surge in ticket sales for the two-day party next weekend (August 14 and 15) to prevent its corporate sponsor from pulling out.

In a message to the 1,100 members of a Facebook group set up to promote the event, he said: 'I am crying with emotion because I really do not want to let this dream go!'

On Wednesday, just 10 days before the festival is due to begin at The Nunnery in Douglas, organisers had sold just 130 tickets, a far cry from the 500 they expected to shift.

Demand appears so low that the principal sponsor, Bedouin Group, has threatened to pull funding of £70,000 which is vital to put on the festival.

But Mr Kennard is convinced support for Mannifest is out there and he is urging music-lovers in the Isle of Man to show their faith in the idea by coughing up immediately.

In his message, he explained the fate of the not-for-profit festival – intended to generate funds for two local charities – was in the balance.

He also confirmed that, if Mannifest does not go ahead, all tickets are fully refundable.

He said: 'This is a very hard message to write. I hope you appreciate my honesty. So here are my cards on the table – Mannifest cannot happen without your buy-in.

'We have put a lot of work into Mannifest and now we need your help to ensure that it goes ahead.

'Mannifest is not about money, it is about you helping yourselves to realise your dreams.

'It does, however, need money to enable it to happen – money for toilets, health and safety, technical equipment, bands and performers.

'We are even prepared to run the event at a loss if needs be.

'This is because we have a long-term vision of a wonderful annual event for you all to get involved in and grow with each year.

'However, what will make that a lot easier right now is if there is actually a demand for it. So please, if you're planning on coming, buy a ticket.

He added: 'Post this message on any forums that have Mannifest blogs, call your friends, and rustle up the troops. Beg, borrow or just ask nicely for the cash.

'There are more than 1,000 people in this Facebook group. If you really want Mannifest to happen, please dip into your pocket and buy a ticket today. It really is that urgent.

Mannifest is a not-for-profit organisation supporting two great charities. There is no personal gain here – I have devoted my time organising it for free.

'There you have it, Mannifest is now in your hands. You get to say whether it happens or not. Now it's up to you – are you with me?'
    About 500 performers from the Isle of Man and further afield are booked to play at Mannifest 2009.

They include Kosheen Live, Easy Star All Stars, The Head Gardener, The Lotus Project, Ryan Inglis, Laura Goucher, Lost Soldiers, Planes Over Paris, Uber Room, and Vex Mama.

Tickets, priced at £50, for both days (including camping) are available at www.ticketline.co.uk or by calling 08448 889991. For more information go to www.mannifestlive.com
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
    macca
    Pro Member

Postby este » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:07 am

I pretty sure this is still going on... i never heard that it wasnt. I know quite a few people involved and they are still quite confident that its going ahead.

I think it will be a good day and that seeing as the IOM doesnt have many events on over here we should support what we can :) Come on guys... You know you want to buy some! :P

Although i cant make it on the Sat as i have a wedding :( Poss go on the friday!
    …because the voices told me to!
    este
    Pro Member

Postby macca » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm

FRIDAY = 5 till 12 no bar !!!!and its cost £30 get a grip
    SATURDAY = 11am till 12pm no bar £30 not to bad but still a rip off

you can go to full on dance festivals for less than that
    ****RIP OFF*****

lower the price and they will get more people
    macca
    Pro Member

Postby macca » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:42 pm

just found out that the dance tent is a blow up tent ??? :? :?Image
    macca
    Pro Member

Postby este » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 am

PMSL... That looks fun!!

You telling me you dont want to go on the bouncy rabbit Macca?

Its a bring your own booze isnt it... (which personally i reakon is cheaper than a bar and saves the hassle of queueing up) ?

It is a bit much but i thought that was a day ticket anyway(+ camping).. is it not less if you go later just for a rummage around? ???? i dont really understnad! :shock: ? i might just go for a drive and see what i can get... se how much... etc.. i dont know... better than sitting on my a$$ doing FA...
    …because the voices told me to!
    este
    Pro Member

Postby dodgy__tam » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 pm

i get the feeling that this is gonna be up there with the all time greats like the 3fm sponsored ice skating rink a few years back... :roll:
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers!! :-)
    dodgy__tam
    Pro Member

PreviousNext

Return to Music, TV & Film