Marcos Mantis GT and Marcos LM500

Discuss any Interior/Exterior modifications, valeting, Audio & Security etc
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Marcos Mantis GT and Marcos LM500

Postby Envy Valeting » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm

It gives me great pleasure to present these 2 Marcos cars I detailed back in January. I have been waiting for the go-ahead to use the pictures by the owner. Today that happened!
    Part of a marathon slog for me down in Wiltshire, 9 cars, 3 days and I felt it thats for sure. 3 degrees was also the max temperature without the heaters on!

The Marcos LM500 I did 1st but all I have are the after pics so will save them for last.

The Mantis GT then......

Sneak a look under the bonnet..(not detailed btw!)

Start the process with a snow foaming as per usual

Hood agitated with a soft bristled brush

Wheels were washed with AS smart wheels, the followed by Autobrite Purple Rain

Snow foam rinsed off, and followed by the car being handwashed with the trusty Z sponge and two bucket method and trade formula shampoo.
    Rinsed, dried and ready to clay. Clay choice Dodo Juice Gentle grey and very effective it was too.

Once clayed the car was cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime by DA with a Meguiars Polishing pad.

Wax choice was a new one to me, Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax!

Whilst the wax cured I cleaned the glass, polished the (very sharp) tailpipes, dressed the tyres and sealed the massive wheels.

Once cured the wax was buffed off (very easy on/off) and the final pictures were taken outside.

Now, onto the LM 500. Exactly the same process but only after pictures and sadly the weather was not so bright on this day.

Great to work on something totally different and many thanks to the owner for allowing me to show you these pics. Been burning a hole in my camera for a while now!

Tim
    http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk

Brazilian waxing since 1999
    Envy Valeting

Return to Interior & Exterior Modifications