BMW 1 Series M Coupé paint correction detail PIC HEAVY

Discuss any Interior/Exterior modifications, valeting, Audio & Security etc
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • BMW 1 Series M CoupĂ© paint correction detail PIC HEAVY

Postby Envy Valeting » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 pm

Envy Valeting were delighted to be asked to carry this paint correction detail on the stunning BMW 1 Series M Coupé down in Bournemouth. This was to be a 2 day, 2 stage correction detail with engine bay detail, wheels off and interior too. It had been in the diary for a little while and I was really looking forward to getting stuck in, and getting a closer look.
    Lots of work to do so lets begin!

The gorgeous car before shots:

The engine was warmed up gently then sprayed with APC, allowed to do its thing then agitated with a brush, more sprayed on then rinsed and allowed to dry. Dressing applied after it was dry.

The wheels were removed one by one, sprayed with AS smart wheels, followed by Iron X. Work in progress shots.....

Exposed wheel arches doused with APC, and agitated with a Vikan multibrush whilst the wheels were being cleaned.

Dressing with Chemical Guys Bare Bones (lovely smell)

Next up the door shuts, fuel filler cap, boot area were pre-soaked with APC and then the car was snow foamed, allowed to dwell and rinsed off.

Then washed with the two bucket method, grit guards, Dodo Supernatural wash sponge and a trade shampoo. Dried off ready to clay.

Claying was with Dodo Gentle grey clay and Born slippy lube. This is the 1st car in a VERY long time where (although I did do the whole thing) it really didn't have much in the way of contamination at all. A lovely change.

Moved indoors, time to get a look at the defects on the BMW.

Paint thickness readings were taken over the whole car and were as expected. No highs, and no real lows either. Taped up as I went along..
    Polishing began with Scholl S17+ and a yellow Meguiars polishing pad, both 7" and 4" for the nooks and crannies. Wiping down in between sets with Car-Pro Eraser and checking with the Sungun and Brinkman.
    Some in progress pics (none refined as yet)

Some natural 50/50's

Day 1 ended here with me having done the roof, the entire passenger side and the boot lid.

Day 2 began with finishing all the other panels with the S17+ combo.
    A typical shot of work in progress.

Once all that was out of the way I switched to a Blue 3M waffle pad, and a black Meguiars finishing pad and went round the whole car with Menzerna Final Finish (PO85 RE) to refine the polishing process, wiping down again with Eraser to ensure a true finish.

No wax yet, just been polished only!

Once the polishing was completed fully, the car was de-dusted and wiped down with Eraser again.
    Wax today was one of a certain Vintage, nothing specified by the customer but as he'd had it on the other 2 I've done in the past it seemed fitting for the BMW.

Here it is curing

Whilst the wax cured I got busy cleaning the exterior glass, polishing the tail pipes, dressing the tyres, getting rid of yet more dust, then hoovered the interior.
    Leather was cleaned with Dr Leathers wipes, plastics cleaned and dressed. Interior glass and vanity mirrors cleaned with an alcohol based cleaner.

By now the wax was cured and I buffed it off, stood back and grinned at the car. It looked good indoors so I was sure it'd look great outside in the last of the south coast sun.

Many thanks to the customer for the repeat business and the faith to tackle his new baby.

Thanks for looking

Tim
    http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk

Brazilian waxing since 1999
    Envy Valeting

Re: BMW 1 Series M Coupé paint correction detail PIC HEAVY

Postby man83g » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Stunning!!! Love the bonnet shot with the trees in the reflection!!! Nice work mate... :thumbleft: :thumbleft:
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Re: BMW 1 Series M Coupé paint correction detail PIC HEAVY

Postby Nitro » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:45 am

I'm sure you could take a car brand new just off the production line and still make it more shiny!
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Return to Interior & Exterior Modifications