Jays VeeDub. lows.

Let us know what vehicle you own & discuss it in here.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: Jays New Wagon

Postby poshboy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:36 am

no negative comments here, I ride wound in a van most of the time (cheaper to run), Think with an imagunation and a little £££ it will look sweet and yes I agree 140k on a vw van is nothing, just on the island 10,000 is like 50 years driving lol
    Don't knock on Death's door, Ring the bell and runaway,
    Death really hates that.

Steer with the rear
    poshboy
    Pro Member

Highscores: 4
    Vehicle Make & Model: Vauxhall VXR8
    Vehicle Engine Size: 6.2

Re: Jays New Wagon

Postby Nitro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Jay_VTR wrote:I'm not gunna say how much I paid for it as thats for me to know! But i'm really happy with it, I knew I was going to get negative comments of the guys that can afford nicer things but it is exactly what i want and was within my budget. And its a new project to get my teeth into. Its already ply lined, got 2 extra seats int the back and has been owned by a mechanic so runs like new.
    EDIT - Also I had signed up to a T4 forum/owners club before buying it and new what to look for and know already that with the correct treatment these can last well over 300k miles. :salute:

Afford nicer things?......not me!........looking for a cheap van myself (scrappy value cheap if possible)

Just don't want to see someone pile their money into a old van, if you've got the mechanical know how to keep her running sweet then fair play, but otherwise they can be a money pit. To give you an example its like someone turning their 1.0L saxo into a nice VTR like yours, by the time they've spent £1000 changing it about they could've had the real deal.

Would have to say with regards to mileage if its a UK van thats done 80k motorway miles you'll get plently more out of her, If its a Manx van thats only been used locally it would be near the end of its serviceable life unless its had an overhaul at some point, rust is a bastard and if its rotten on the outside its probably bad underneath, which is just a constant battle!

Equally i'd like to say my opinion is just that, it isn't a professional opinion, merely just an observation from a picture and description so is more than likely wrong anyway!
    Nitro
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Highscores: 2

Postby Yellow Snow » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Jay_VTR wrote:I'm not gunna say how much I paid for it as thats for me to know! But i'm really happy with it, I knew I was going to get negative comments of the guys that can afford nicer things but it is exactly what i want and was within my budget. And its a new project to get my teeth into. Its already ply lined, got 2 extra seats int the back and has been owned by a mechanic so runs like new.
    EDIT - Also I had signed up to a T4 forum/owners club before buying it and new what to look for and know already that with the correct treatment these can last well over 300k miles. :salute:

i like it needs a bit of tlc but so what
    Yellow Snow
    mr5gtt renault 5 turbo

Postby BBSparky » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:17 pm

I like it, Will be a great project. Just sort the rust and then give it a lick of paint ( how about nato green army as it can be sprayed or rollered on! ). Wouldnt go for a wrap as it will cost a fortune for that sort of surface area. Nice drop and decent set of wheels and it will be sweet!
    There's no 'I' in TEAM but there is a 'ME' in AWESOME!
    My projects very own website (sad i know!)
    BBSparky
    Advanced Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Mk1 Mazda Eunos
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6 16v, 2.0TDi

Postby man83g » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:24 pm

I think I know the guy you bought it from!!! If I'm right it's got the engine from a tdi golf in it so the mileage is irrelevant really...Decent enough van, easily turned round into a decent looking band van..
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby bougourd » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:02 pm

have to agree with what has been said bout vans turning into money pits.

since i bought mine in october i think ive probs only done a few hundred miles in it.

i bought it having been told that it just needed new brake discs and pads.

so far its had:
    new discs and pads twice!!!
    new brake calipers on the front
    brand new locks on both front doors and the back door (which aint bloody cheap :evil: )

the engine and body are both solid but for the amount ive had to spend on the above parts i cudve bought myself a much better van like a lwb sprinter which is what i was originally after.

ur best just sorting the rust out so it dont get worse, give it a bloody good t-cut and hammerite the wheels and then just leave it.

thinking of getting a slightly newer van next year so whoever buys mine is gonna get a bargain with all the new bits on it :lol:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

Postby Jay_VTR » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:54 pm

alright, its a new project for me.and yes I was under the influence last night, same again tonight, BUT, its had new discs & pads on the front, and new shoes on the back. 2/3rds of a new exhaust, my old man used to work with the guy who owned it and serviced it every few thousand miles. I have bought it from a uy how worked in Road and Track, and was a mechanic so as i've previously said it runs nice! I've got a bit of money to put towards bodywork and I will enjoy a new project!
    EDIT - I also apriciated people are looking out for me and my wallet, which is very good of you! :D but I should be alright! Obviously I enjoy comments & what not as it gives me things to consider!! :thumbleft:
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Postby poshboy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 pm

bougourd wrote:have to agree with what has been said bout vans turning into money pits.

since i bought mine in october i think ive probs only done a few hundred miles in it.

so far its had:
    brand new locks on both front doors and the back door (which aint bloody cheap :evil: )

the engine and body are both solid but for the amount ive had to spend on the above parts i cudve bought myself a much better van like a lwb sprinter which is what i was originally after.

ur best just sorting the rust out so it dont get worse, give it a bloody good t-cut and hammerite the wheels and then just leave it.

thinking of getting a slightly newer van next year so whoever buys mine is gonna get a bargain with all the new bits on it :lol:

Purely for curiosity, how has it needed two lots of discs and pads in a few hundred miles??
    Don't knock on Death's door, Ring the bell and runaway,
    Death really hates that.

Steer with the rear
    poshboy
    Pro Member

Highscores: 4
    Vehicle Make & Model: Vauxhall VXR8
    Vehicle Engine Size: 6.2

Postby Q » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:32 pm

Nice van, you'll have it looking great with a little work. i wouldn't worry about the mileage at all, it's a diesel van it'll be fine.

I got my citroen relay ex-minibus 3 years ago for £750 and it's still going strong (if a bit tatty on the outside) I've kitted that back of mine out as a camper, got most of the stuff of the recycling sheds, kitchen units, loads of good timber, work surfaces. Looking forward to spending the weekend in it at Mannifest :headbang:
    Q

Highscores: 2
    Vehicle Make & Model: Big red van

Postby bougourd » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 pm

poshboy wrote:
    bougourd wrote:have to agree with what has been said bout vans turning into money pits.

so far its had:

Purely for curiosity, how has it needed two lots of discs and pads in a few hundred miles??

first set of discs to replace the knackered ones that were on when i bought it were fitted without properly removing all the rust and crap so didnt sit perfectly straight so warped as a result

now on my 2nd set and its running great and it will be at the next drag and drift to beat jays van as long as karting aint the same day :thumbleft:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

PreviousNext

Return to Members Vehicles & Projects