Where is CupraDaves Scoob?

Let us know what vehicle you own & discuss it in here.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Where is CupraDaves Scoob?

Postby ah kid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Yeah Dave where have you been hiding that lovely scoob as I ain't seen it for a while ?
    Jesus loves me for my rumble....the neighbours well ........not really ......
    ah kid
    Advanced Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Forester XT
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 turbo

Re: Where is CupraDaves Scoob?

Postby DaveM » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi guys, long story about the scoob but bottom line however is I no longer have her, she now belongs to MadManx and will be back on the road sometime in the future.

This is what I have now http://www.xlr8.co.im/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7942
    It is a 2010 Triumph Street Triple R and it is truely epic, best bike I have ever riden.
    DaveM
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby ah kid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:49 am

When you say back on the road does that mean you've stacked it then or did you melt a piston or something ?? Just intererested to know what happened as I thought your scoob was a bit of crowd stopper ??? Regards Darren
    Jesus loves me for my rumble....the neighbours well ........not really ......
    ah kid
    Advanced Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Subaru Forester XT
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2.0 turbo

Postby DaveM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Still is a crowd stopper if you ask me mate.
    Nope, no crash and no melted piston. Just a bit of a hydraulic failure which resulted in a nice hole in the top of the block and lots of oil and coolant everywhere.

I had already purchased myself a 2.5l block and sourced various other parts to needed build a 400-500bhp monster, the plan was to build the new engine while the Scoob was still running in its current form them start swapping it out when the new engine was nearly complete.
    After costing it all out I was looking at a total build cost of nearly Ă‚ÂŁ10k to achieve what I wanted so was finding it hard to justify the cost on a 12 year old car. MadManx decided he would buy the car as it was and I went out, traded in the Ducati and bought the Triumph.

I think John is planning on using the block from his P1 to put my car back on the road, we will see. I am sure I will be involved in the build process so my story with the old girl is not over yet.

Who knows I may even buy her back at some point, you never know.
    DaveM
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby man83g » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm

What power was it running then dave, i always thought it was circa 400bhp anyway. Nice bike to replace it though, love bikes but have to say i prefer 4 wheels personaly. At least the scoob is in good hands eh!!
    Now with added booooooost!!! 1.7bar peak holding 1.6 ish....
    man83g
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: None!!!
    Vehicle Engine Size: 2leg power...
    Motoring Interests: Missing my evo...

Postby DaveM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:12 pm

I would have made a conservative estimate of around 350bhp.

It was not built for massive power but to deliver what power it did have extremely well, which it did and it was bloody quick. The way it was mapped allowed a constant delivery of power all the way through the rev range rather than one big burst that threw you into the back of the seat. And the small fortune I spent on suspension mods also helped power delivery.

Regardless of the possibly unreliable timing gear or the maybe slightly short quarter mile the only car to beat me on the day at the Duke straight line event the other year was a supercharged Atom which only beat me by 0.6 of a second, the results are posted on here somewhere.

I do miss the car, in fact I miss it massively, but I do not regret the decision in selling and buying the Triumph. I get a far bigger rush and have a far bigger smile on that than I ever did with the Impreza.

I will be back in a super quick Scoob at some point down the road, whether it this one again or another, it WILL happen. If it another then I know exactly what it will be and I will not settle for anything less.
    DaveM
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Postby MadManx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Yeah, it's kind of on the back burner for now, got two other projects on the go. So once one of them is out of the garage then Dav's Scoob ( Don't think it is ever going to be known as anything else) will be swapped in and get the treatment it needs.
    Hope to have it back on the road in the summer and will be looking to sell it on.
    MadManx
    Pro Member

Return to Members Vehicles & Projects