porject AXE

Let us know what vehicle you own & discuss it in here.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: porject AXE

Postby tree » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:38 am

yeah.
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: porject AXE

Postby iomgto » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 pm

GOOD MAN! this is what we want..... dog roughness (ax) going like stink and putting most of the crappy saxo's out there to shame......... look forward to this...
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Postby Jay_VTR » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:15 pm

hope mine aint classed as a crappy saxo..... :(
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Postby Unders » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 am

Jay_VTR wrote:hope mine aint classed as a crappy saxo..... :(

You really shouldnt ask questions that you know you wont like the answer to :P :violent1:
    Unders
    Site Manager
    Site Manager

Postby tree » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:09 pm

got 95% of the wiring buizzed up eysterday so i know exactly what wires need to go where and what new ones need to be fed through. Maintianing the ax dash. have adapted teh VTS clocks to fit the dash like factory fit.

ended up leaving the power steering rack off as i thought theres little enough room in the bay already without a PAS pump and lines crammed in aswell.

Larger brake servo and master cylinder fitted.

On a half day today so may try and get the dash refitted and clocks wired in completely.
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby tree » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:33 pm

not had any tiem to spend on this at all recently. all my free time being deidcated to other peoples motors. hoping to get back to it soon though.
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby tree » Thu May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

sorry for the lack of updates people. this was finished just in time for hillclimb and was the car I entered. will finish putting pics etc up...

There was space issues with fitting the saxo disk beam to the ax. The wheels fouled the arch majorly.
    Photo110.jpg

This was solved in true pikey fashion with a bottle jack and a hammer!
    Photo089.jpg

The engine was a tight squeeze!!! I suffered bad gear engagement issues due to the engine mount used during the hillclimb, I have since rectified this.
    Photo130.jpg

The 4 branch mani i am running sits very clsoe to the rad too!
    Photo080.jpg

Heres a pic of me looking extra cool next to my factory race ax!
    Photo106.jpg

and a big thanks to Mallaby for helping this project come together in time for the hillclimb!

All in all not a bad conversion. Cheap nippy car. I wish I had sigend upto the ax owners club earlier as its had every scrap of info needed.rather than me siting through wires for hours and wondering how to get round issues... ah wel live and learn.

The car is a standard VTS engine with idncution kit, 4-2-1 manifold, straight through exhaust with a standard backbox. s1 rallye gearbox and lightened flywheel. I had to fit bonnet pins whcih was a shame as its lost its "stealth look" The bonnet hinge was broken so it needed to be done.
    As the whole thingw as designed to be a budget racer, everyhting ahs been done to be a s cheap and effective as possible. The rallye steelies were stolen for now as I wasnt going to pay out for new tyres for the hillclimb and as the rallyes off the road I may aswell make use of them. :D

The only new parts I ahve paid out for has been oil filter, fuel filter, oil, 2x track rod ends, 2 top mounts and 2 lower arms... the lower arms i fitted were standard ax ones... I have sicne learnt that fitting theese fouls the saxo front ARB i was goign to fit so I would like to fit saxo ones in teh future so I can fit the front ARB aswell.

I havent worked out a total cost yet but its not much at all. somwhere around the £300 mark and that includes tax for it aswell!

I dont really plan to do much else to it really. could do with soem 14" hub caps to hide the sporty steels and add to the stealth character. so yeah a cheap fun car really... willt ry and get a couple of vids from hillclimb posted too

oh and she hasnt been wahsed since i bought the car too! (except where i needed to stick the race numbers on) haha

Photo138.jpg
    Quocunque jeceris stabit
    tree
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby Mallaby106 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Its an ace little car and no probs for the help mate, you've helped me plenty.
    Mallaby's Dodgy Motors

Bodge it then Dodge it!
    Mallaby106
    Pro Member

Highscores: 1

Postby Unders » Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 am

Love this little car! So when will it be up for sale? :P
    Unders
    Site Manager
    Site Manager