Zetec-Sh1t i've actually done something

Let us know what vehicle you own & discuss it in here.
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Re: Zetec-S - A PROPER UPDATE? WTF?!?!

Postby Toxic-Motorsport » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 pm

Just got a few orders for some more bc coilovers so see what the feed back is for them i know jayjay on here is running them on his prelude too.

So many choices in Coilovers and for £430 all in on dan's its was alot cheaper than the springs and dampers options.
    Matthew Quayle
    Toxic Motorsport
    Email: toxicmotorsport@gmail.com
    Web: http://www.toxic-motorsport.co.uk
    Phone - 07624 480664
    Toxic-Motorsport

Re: Zetec-S - A PROPER UPDATE? WTF?!?!

Postby bougourd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:33 pm

pretty much every one on zsoc who went for coilovers chose ap and iomgto on here had them on his sleeper mk4 1.7

will defo get some before and after photos. will look totally different in the after pics cos is looking a dirty mess atm :(

will be a while as i have a trip across to race at the tkm festival to pay for :thumbleft: and im not having them fitted until ive got bump strips back on the drivers door and powerflex bushes to keep everything nice and tight.

so only update for today is i renewed the tax and now have coilovers sat in full view in my bedroom.

once it is sorted i will be well up for that photoshoot u were talkin bout a while ago matt :D
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Focus RS, Transit RS

Postby iomgto » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

bougourd wrote:pretty much every one on zsoc who went for coilovers chose ap and iomgto on here had them on his sleeper mk4 1.7

You will not be disappointed dude!
    iomgto
    Pro Member

Postby Toxic-Motorsport » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm

May post something on zsoc forum for a group by what you reckon just and idea ?
    Matthew Quayle
    Toxic Motorsport
    Email: toxicmotorsport@gmail.com
    Web: http://www.toxic-motorsport.co.uk
    Phone - 07624 480664
    Toxic-Motorsport

Re: Zetec-S - Progress on the horizon

Postby bougourd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm

will finally be getting round to sorting the fiesta out altho its come at a price :cry:

van is sorted now so no money being spent on that and im out of the karting after this weekend.

I was racing at the Maxxis TKM Festival at Kimbolton. Was blown away by what an amazing event it was. In qualifying i was half a second off pole position but started 12 so its a bit close :lol:
    the 1st heat was a bit hectic after a collision that put me back but i got good results in the 2nd and 3rd heats and was getting quicker and quicker in each session and got an 11th place grid slot for the final (and was only a few points of a slot inside the top 6)
    good race in the prefinal meant i was 8th on the grid for the final. first start was aborted so we were sent round again. 2nd start was go so we all hurtled into the notorious first corner which has seen hundreds of accidents over the years. got through the corner ok and heading into the fast chicane i was pushed wide so tried to recover and was hit again HARD and pushed into the tyre wall at speed and spun around and was somehow not collected by anyone else. tried to rejoin but the steering column had been bent so much the steering had locked and later realised chassis had been snapped.
    I'll be back on a new kart next year tho :D

the other manxies did well and dave sutcliffe was using one of toxics go-pros so footage will be on youtube shortly and ill let you know when the event will be shown on motors tv.

so anyway im out of the karting until next year now so car will finally be getting sorted
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Postby Jay_VTR » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 pm

did you buy those coilies? and why are they not fitted?
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Postby bougourd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:57 pm

they are sat in my bedroom. waiting for new bushes and drivers door bumpstrip to be ordered so can get everything done at once
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Postby Jay_VTR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:37 am

stop being sensible.....As soon as you buy something, fit it, then realise you should have waited until a better time, and not learn from the experience what so ever. I can't not fit something when it arrives!
    Tom wrote:Loved it when i saw it the other day. By far one of the best saxos over here.
    Jay_VTR
    Pro Member

Vehicle Make & Model: Citroen Saxo VTR
    Vehicle Engine Size: 1.6

Postby bougourd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Jay_VTR wrote:stop being sensible.....As soon as you buy something, fit it, then realise you should have waited until a better time, and not learn from the experience what so ever. I can't not fit something when it arrives!

ive already had them out the box looking at them and trying to see how much i could lower my bed :lol:

when u getting some more pics of your van up?

the transit rs was mighty on the motorways full of karting gear :thumbleft:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

Postby bougourd » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 pm

Powerflex bush kit ordered today :D

aim is to have the car clean and looking pretty before my birthday :occasion9:
    bougourd
    Pro Member

PreviousNext

Return to Members Vehicles & Projects