Manx Classic hill climb 2007

Motoring Events & Local Meets
  • View unanswered postsView active topics
  • Postby thesherwinator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:44 pm

ASTiMAN i take it you were driving the blue type r last night?
    thesherwinator

Postby Devboy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:14 pm

watched it and was good, matt in his 200 went well! just shame about his starts think the clutch was sleeping.

And as for rich in the RS4, that looks well smart and goes like stink! well fast.

otherthan that it was good!

oh plus me, hurst and dan got trapped and ended going garden hoppin lol.
    Devboy
    Pro Member

Postby viperbl » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 pm

What a brilliant day today!

Sunshine everywhere and the event ran like clockwork today! thank god!

Managed 3rd today just behind Adrian in the 911. Andy was 1 second quicker and just lost out to Paul Dangerfield in his R500 to wining the day.

The road was very bumpy and unsettled my car a few times, the vidoes really don't show just how bad it was! You need to go and give it a drive yourself!

All my runs for the day here ... http://www.rs4.im/cars/RS4/Videos/hillclimb/2007/
    viperbl

Postby ASTiMAN » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Yep that's me in the blue Type R. First run on Bray Hill I braked too early, but the bumps fishtailed me big time under braking - easy to see how Peter lost the TVR. Second run braked too late, hit the rev limiter in 5th (150mph) then braked and locked up all the way past the grandstand, just managed to turn it into the hairpin and took the win!

Suspension set up was way too stiff for the sloc today, but posted 40.33 on first official run (after 2 practices). The time looked untouchable until Paul Dangerfield recorded 40.31 in his Caterham R500. Even so I decided not to run again as I didn't think there was much time to be gained without taking big risks. Absolutely delighted to be mixing it with an R500 on the twisties and looking forward to tomorrow where the smoother surface will be much better suited to the car.

My thoughts are with Matt in the 200sx after his accident - he was going really well and it truly was horrible when I realised who it was. Glad to see he's ok though - looks like he might have to re-shell his car though.

Hope to see you spectating tomorrow Matt.
    ASTiMAN

Vehicle Make & Model: BMW 535d M Sport
    Vehicle Engine Size: 3l d twin turbo

Postby Cret » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:52 pm

sh*t!! What happened with Matt? Nothing serious I hope?? :( :shock:
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby The Power » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:24 pm

Alrite Cret,

Bad news on Matt. he's fine not a scratch, but the car.......... Every panel is damaged, bent the passenger roof strut, snapped a wheel strut.

Absolutley gutted for him and every1 that seen the car goin together, great shame hasn't even sunk in on me yet that its no more.

Just an excuse for him to move on to bigger and better for next time lol.

Will.
    The Power

Postby Cret » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:28 pm

What a bugger. :(

Glad to hear he's alright but I know how much effort he has put into that car - such a shame but as we all know cars can be replaced whereas people can't.

What happened to him? Not heard anything.
    If you don't like my comments, don't cause me to write them. How simple is that! :)
    Cret
    Mod Team
    Mod Team

Vehicle Make & Model: RS

Postby Uni » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:00 am

Uni wrote:Excellent racing tonight guys, Viper and Boss, incredible runs.

I think I meant Matt in the above statement. Sorry to hear about the 200SX, you were very competitive on day one.

Good luck everyone on Saturday.
    Uni

Postby alp » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:05 am

I saw Matt go off the line and head up the hill followed by another couple of cars when I suddnely heard on the radio for Red Flags at the top of the hill. Then heard "Ambulance required". We b elted up there and i was only as we neared the top I saw that it was Matt. Luckily there were no injuries to him or anyone else but the car was fairly damaged.

I can only say that "Gutted" is the word. I work with Matt and have seen the car in various forms of "rebuild" on the forum and in the work carpark. Great shame that it is no more.

Spoke to him briefly after the accident and he was trying to put a brave face on but I expect he;s feeling a tad low at the moment.

Photo of car:

Andy.
    All Comments are my own and not on behalf of any other organisation.
    alp

Postby Emz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:54 am

Oh god well i know its sounds unsensitive coz obviously alot of work gone into that car but cars can be replaced lives cant glad he ok
    Emz
    Pro Member

PreviousNext

Return to Motoring Events & Local Meets